Monday, July 21, 2014

I thought my mind was made up...


I am working on updating about this past amazing week that I had in Spain! But its going to take me a minute cause I have a lot of photos to download and edit and then etc. etc.

So I will just post this for now… I wrote this post a while ago:

To my dear future children,

No… you cannot have a pet.
 #sorrynotsorry.

Love,
Mom

(That is really weird referring to myself as mom! HA! Maybe cause I feel like it is still so far away)

Maaaaaaybe after my children are old enough to handle the responsibility of having a pet that they can take care of it themselves they can have a fish…or a turtle. They can have my turtle! It will be our family mascot (or something). Cause apparently he is going to live forever.

I never wanted a pet in NYC. No-Thank-YOU!

But I had a friend weasel me into “babysitting” Raphael for 5 months while he was gone on his medical rotations out of state. And then he never came back and I ended up permanently adopting him.

The only times I don’t like Raphie is when I have to clean out his stupid tank! Ugh! Otherwise he is such a low maintenance pet – that I am willing to keep him.

Plus he is does yoga! And that’s just fun!

But as far as cats and dogs go…
Not in my house.
I can’t…
I can’t stand the smell.
I can’t stand the hair.
I can’t stand the messes they make. 
I can’t.
I just can’t!

Plus they cost money- you have to feed them and take them to the vet and buy them supplies and wash them… etc.

It is hard enough to keep my house clean with humans that can (key word can) clean up after themselves. Add an animal into the mix that does not clean up after their own messes. No thank you!
Plus you have to let them out… and what happens when you want to go on vacation or a random weekend trip? Who will take care of the pet?! Ugh… too much.


Then today I saw THIS…..



Oh my gosh!!! I want THIS PUPPY!!!

Somtiems I think about the positive aspects of having a pet. But all of the negatives creep back in too…. AHHHHH!!!!!

How do I reconcile this!?

Just thinking ahead…
Cause no! I will not come home with a puppy as my souvenir from Spain… even though I am maybe a little bit sad about that hahaha.

I mean Common!!! Look at this face!!!!

Maybe I just need a stuffed animal to cuddle with?

Who will get me a cute stuffed animal?!

No comments:

Post a Comment