Monday, May 21, 2012

Help send Kristy to Rwanda

Dear Friends and Family, 

I would LOVE if you would support me in going on a study abroad to Rwanda this summer!

my fundraising campaign can be found at:

 http://www.indiegogo.com/kkadish

I am a Masters Student at the City University of New York.
I LOVE theatre!
I have the AMAZING opportunity to go to Rwanda this summer!
I am studying Applied Theatre.
WHY RWANDA:

In 1994 there was a Genocide in Rwanda over the course of approximatly 100 days there was a mass murder of an estimated 800,000 people.

Project Rwanda:

Drama and Theatre Education for Reconciliation and Development
http://www.sps.cuny.edu/rwanda/index.html

"Theatre is the most powerful language, the most creative, simply because it is the summing up of all languages: theatre is words, movement, colors, music, realities and dreams, emotions and ideas…As children, we have learned how to live…by playing theatre. We have learned to understand the world…by playing theatre. By playing theatre, we also learn that the world can be much better than it is: in the present, we can think about the past, and invent the future." - Augusto Boal

THIS is why I want to work in the field of Applied Theater!
THIS is why I want to go to Rwanda!

 I NEED:
Any support that you and your friends and family are willing to give.

This Project will cost me over 5,000 dollars.
(SHEESH going to Africa is Expensive... but will be SO WORTH IT!)
As I have been in Grad School as a full time student I have been working full time as well as side jobs to support myself and save up for this project.
Your donation will help me with:
-Airfare
-Travel Shots and Medicine
-Lodging and Food 

The Impact: 
This program is not only important to me and my education but to the students in Rwanda. I have started to be in contact with the students who we will be working with in Rwanda! Here are a few things that they have to say…
“We are hungry to see you once again!”
“Welcome our beloved teachers and other students!”
“Trees, birds and KIE are singing welcome welcome for CUNY! Amahoro!!”
““There is no place, no country, more compassionate more generous more accepting and more welcoming than Rwanda especially in KIE. So friends from CUNY you are welcome!”
Other Ways You Can Help

SPREAD THE WORD! SHARE THE LOVE!
Please share my campaign with your friends/family/coworkers/peoples you know that could possibly help!

WHAT YOU GET:

Thank you for your love and support! You can donate any amount. I do have some gifts for certain amounts if you would like to claim one =)  Photography is also one of my passions in life! I am a professional photographer. I have many beautiful photographs from places I have traveled as well as I will be taking photographs in Rwanda, you could get a personalized print from your donation.
Perks:

$5
My deepest thanks and prayers of gratitude! I will send good karma your way!

$15
A postcard with a personalized thank you
(Postcard will be handmade from one of my photographs that I will take in Rwanda and sent to you when I get back home to NYC)

$25
A 5x7 print of your choice of one of my photographs

$50
An 8x10 print of your choice of one of my photographs

$75
A hand crafted basket from a Rwandan market- I will pick one out just for you!
and an 8x10 print of your choice of one of my photographs

$100
I will write you or a loved one a personalized song on my ukulele! It will come to you via phone/email music cd.
and an 8x10 print of your choice of one of my photographs

$500
A hand crafted basket from a Rwandan market
I will write you or a loved one a personalized song on my ukulele!
An 11x14 print of your choice of one of my photographs

$1000
A photography session for you and/or your family! Will come with digital images of all edited photographs!
A hand crafted basket from a Rwandan market
I will write you or a loved one a personalized song on my ukulele!
and an 8x10 and 11x14 print of your choice of one of my photographs
THANK YOU!!!
 MUCH LOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment