Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cheers!

Hello from London! I am here! I am actually here! wow! pretty crazy! I am not sure it has really hit me yet...am I going to wake up soon?
Speaking of waking up... I woke up early this morning and went running in Hyde Park today- We live right across the street from Hyde Park. Hyde Park is big and beautiful…and I totally got lost! Yep I was thinking of running one way and working my same way back but decided to keep on going and circle around. Ended up at the opposite end of the park then where my flat is…an hour later I eventually found my way back. Good thing I gave myself plenty of time. It was perfect weather outside and I am so impressed about how I can be in the middle of busy London and find such peace and serenity and beauty. I plan on making this a daily habit- running in the park I mean, not getting lost. =)
When I came out on Tuesday they changed my flight and I ended up going through Denver, and hoped right onto my connecting flight to London. The plane was huge, 9 seats across with 2 isles. The plane food was pretty good too!
I arrived in London about an hour and ½ earlier than originally planned so I couldn’t find the girl that I was planning on meeting up with. I ended up going on the train alone and then getting a taxi to take me to my flat.
I am sharing a room with Sarah – she actually also served in the NY Rochester mission, I never served with her cause she went home the transfer that I went out- but she is great and I am excited that she is here.
We went on a little walk with the whole group to get an idea of the surrounding area and see how to get to the institute building which is where we will be having classes on Monday’s and Wednesday’s. The architecture is awesome! so many old buildings and cool statues!

Then we broke off and all went on our ways to do…whatever we wanted to actually. We had a group of 4 of us, stopped by a little store and grabbed a sandwich then went on the tube to go exploring. We went to Lanchishier Square, walked around a lot found some theatres and shops, and 3 of us, Sarah, Mckell and I ended up going to see the Phantom of the Opera! Yep – my first night in London and we went to see Phantom- it was Awesome! I have seen the movie but never saw it live before last night – I liked it live! (When well done of course) Shows, musicals, etc are always better seen live at the theatre.
(This picture is Mckell and I on the underground tube eating our sandwiches)



We went to the store after the show last night. One of my favorite things that Brittan’s say is “Cheers” I love this word! My friend Gary (who is from London) would say it to me back in Provo if I would do something for him for example he would say, “cheers love”.
Last night at the store the young man who was helping us check out said cheers to me too.
I LOVE IT! this is a word that I will become part of my vocabulary!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, one day and you're already lost in the theatre with ghosts. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thrilled for you! Write down the things you hear people say over there. Like cheers. Do it from the beginning because soon you won't notice it anymore and when you get back you will forget them too soon. So glad you're having a good time! I can't wait to hear all about everything! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Kristy!!! How FUN! I'm so glad you're keeping this blog so we can all see what you're up to! Love ya & hope Lindsay gets to come play with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is soooo cool! I'm sitting here in my boring, tan colored cubical at work just imagining how GORGEOUS it must be out there. I am SO glad that you were able to go! Hopefully in a couple years I'll be able to go there. I am sooo jealous! You HAVE to keep this updated or I think the bordom of Provo might kill me!

    ReplyDelete