Thursday, July 2, 2009

Back in Strattford

Today I said goodbye to Gary and Linda and left Maidstone. I have been trying to figure out exactly my final plans for my last few days here in London and how I am going to get to the airport. See the little problem is that my flight leaves at 7:30 in the morning. for an international flight I need to be there 2 hours before my flight leaves and the trains and the tube doesn't run that early in the morning. So I was thinking it would be better if I were closer to the airport than Maidstone. I was on face book last night and Gavin Ishmael happened to be on as well. (If you don't remember The Ishmael's are the aunt and uncle of my mission companion Chelsea Pratt. and I was in their ward while I was staying in London. They live in Strattford which is just a 1/2 hour-ish tube ride outside of London.) I said hi to him and started talking to him on facebook chat. I asked if it would be alright if I came and stayed with his family for a couple of nights. Gavin said, "Hey! YES of course, we thought that you had gone home already, didn't know that you were still here. You can stay with us! as long as you want!" This was really a blessing! So I headed up to London today. The train goes to the Victoria station. I found out that you can check bags there. So I checked all 3 of my suitcases and just took my backpack with me to the Ishmael's. My plan is to take the last train to the airport at midnight on Wed (the 3rd) and be in the airport over night so I could be there at 5:30 for check in.
this is what the tube/underground looks like during rush hour...

All kinds of people! Its pretty crazy. So I made my way over to the Ismael's. Anna made dinner dinner for me and they are all so kind! I really LOVE this family! It turns out that Gavin is not on facebook very often and he had come home from a long day and had a feeling that he should ge ton and check his email and get on Facebook, and that is when I talked to him and asked if I could stay with them. Once again! a great blessing of the Lord! always watching over me and putting the right people in place at just the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment