Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This may be slightly creepy...

Do you have someone that you want to be? Not in the sense that you really wish that you were them and not yourself, but maybe that you…um…..Envy..…no….Idolize…..erm……
look…up... to….them?

Okay really I don’t know what to call it.

Whatever it is – I DO! I totally feel this way about someone! Yesterday (this may sound creepy) I sat for a good while on my computer and looked through this persons facebook pictures.

I sat and looked through his pictures as I pondered upon how I can be more like him and do what he does…

This is a person that I really admire for a number of different reasons…

he pretty much does everything that I want to do!

-He is an awesome teacher! I LOVED taking classes from him and I was REALLY sad when I came home from my mission and found out that he had switched to teaching at UVU instead of BYU.
In my old apartment we used to talk about our “professor crushes”…it’s the professors that you have a “crush” on….not because you are physically attracted to them….but mostly because you find them intellectually attractive. I think that this person would definitely be one of mine!

-He is a brilliant director… brilliant I tell you!!! I don’t know how he comes up with what he does! But I LOVE it!!! And I am INSPIRED by his work!!! I want to work with him! And learn from him! Gah! I have loved attending his workshops in the past and have learned some awesome things! PLUS he introduced me to Viewpoints AND other really cool things which I LOVE!!!

-He is an AWESOME actor…I love going to ANYTHING that he is in! I am never disappointed with his performances!

-He has a beautiful wife and family…I someday want a beautiful husband (ha that sounds a little weird) and I want a family! I love hearing his stories about his kids!

-He travels…and gets paid to travel…and he studied in England which would be my DREAM!!! And he gets to take his students on Study Abroad programs and do workshops in foreign countries and I think that’s AMAZING!!

… how do I get to where he is now?!

That’s the question I ask myself…I know that we all have different paths and I can’t take the exact same path as another person…but then again I think it is good to have these role models that we can “look up to”…and think…hey! They did it! So I can too!...right?!....I think so!

This person probably doesn’t even know how much I have a high regard for them!
Anyway…Thanks Christopher Clark for your example and advice and friendship! I like you! =)


yes...I stole this picture from his facebook...I told you this post may be slightly creepy...ha!
oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment