Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Things that I love about Latin culture….

#1- Language

I really DO love Spanish!

Do I know how to speak it…Sadly No…but I am learning…
little by little…I can count to 10...I have a few key words and phrases that I have known for years...and now I can tell you parts of the body (Antonio has been teaching me…haha…I don’t know why we started with parts of the body…but he is the one from Spain so I am going along) And years ago I learned the first few lines of a Christina Aguilera song at girls camp from the 2 Mexican girls that would come with us…they LOVED teaching me random little things to say in Spanish and they always wanted me to sing the song they taught me! Ha! I still remember it now!

#2- Kissing

When you meet someone you give them a kiss on the cheek…when you say hello you kiss on the cheek…when you say goodbye you give them a kiss on the cheek…when you are happy you give a kiss on the cheek….when you say thank-you you give a kiss on the cheek…

Maybe I just like kissing…HA!


#3- Dancing!!!

I LOVE that dancing is embedded into Latin culture…EVERYONE dances! The old men and women…the children…the moms holding their babies…even the teenagers who you would expect to have the “no-way…I-don’t-want-to-look-dumb-in-front-of-people-so-I-am-NOT-going-to-do-THAT” kind of mentality…but NOPE!!! They dance too!!! And I LOVE it!

...Salsa, Bachata, Merengue…I LOVE it!

I LOVE the loud and fun music that just makes you want to move! And I love how it brings people together and smiles and laughter. I LOVE that people come together and MOVE with each other.
Saturday there was a party up at the Spanish ward in Inwood. My good friend who goes to that ward invited me to go.

Do I know Spanish….No! We have already established that…lol…I wish I did…but I had a blast anyway! Nothing too fancy...it was at the chapel and it was just fun! Love the people up there!
We ate, we danced, we laughed and had a great time!



No comments:

Post a Comment