Sunday, June 8, 2014

THE NEWS


Foreign Language Section:
I made it through my first week of Spanish Classes… and without crying! Well I need to make an amendment to that statement – I never cried at the school! Haha- I did cry at later during the day at home, when I was studying… a couple of times.  I can’t help it, the frustration would come on slowly like a dam backing up and then all of a sudden the water would start leaking through and I can’t make it stop.

Last week I was reminded of my best friend- she got her dream job and was so happy – throughout her orientation she started to dread going to work, it was hard, it was a challenge, she was learning a lot of new things but it was not easy. Then she had a realization that she shared. She told me, “This is what I wanted! I wanted this job! I prayed for it! This was my choice! And now I am letting it become something that I am dreading.”

I am relating that to my current experience here in Spain! This is something that I wanted! I chose to be here! And I want to learn Spanish!

The first day of class the teacher asked us why we want to learn Spanish. For me it is for the experience, for the challenge and for the growing opportunity!

I am now going back to my “whys” and working to focus on my goals! Overall: I want to have fun!

I have been allowing feelings of inadequacy and fear get in the way of me having fun! SO I decided that when those feelings try to creep in and when self-doubt starts to fester – I am going to kick it to the curb! I don’t need that nor do I want it!

SO I am starting to have more fun – especially in my Spanish classes!

Weather Section:
It is summer!!!
Finally – which means it’s COLOR (Hot!) It also means that I am once again seeing efy posts, and efy pictures, and efy counselor polo’s all over my facebook!

I “graduated” from being an efy counselor 4 summers ago. But I still miss it! I knew that is was time for me to move on and do other things with my summers. And look at me! I am in SPAIN!! Huzahhhh! But I have to say that there are little twinges of jealousy and sweet SWEET memories that come with big smiles and a heart full of gratitude for have had the opportunity to be part of such an amazing program for so many years!

Media Section:
I have been reading… a LOT lately! Have you noticed that post- apocalyptic theme is really popular now-a-days?!
First I read Hunger Games, then Divergent and now I am reading Delirium. OR… um.. read… I just finished today. All three of these titles are trilogies. I guess I need to find a new one now. These books are really my guilty pleasures! It is so nice to be able to read for fun! I love to get sucked into a book and not want to put it down! Yes I realize that they are probably meant for teenagers. But I really don’t care. They are fun to read and I am enjoying them.
So if you have any suggestions of good books – I am ready!

I realized something this past week. It is hard to be an extrovert personality and really love the books that you are reading. I find myself wanting to talk about and share what is happening, or have someone to freak out with when my favorite character dies, etc.  I remember when I was reading the second book of the Hunger Games I texted my best friend, who had already read the series, and exclaimed, “If Peta dies I am going to be SO MAD!”

I realize that this is why so many people love T.V. and “their shows. They get together with friends and are itching to see what happens from week to week, and then they go on facebook and “Ooooh! and Awwww!” Celebrate, Complain and FREAK OUT about what is happening to their favorite characters. And here I am reading a book – experiencing the same emotions and freaking out and I have no one to share it with! GAH!

Fitness Section:
I am working on getting into running shape again. Ugh! Last year I was able to run 5 or 6 miles no a big deal. Then I went for months and months without running.
I feel in love with Bikram Yoga and that was my activity of choice.

Which reminds me… if you have not seen my video posts I have been putting on my health coaching website (www.healthcoachkristy.com) you should check them out! They are titled Life Lessons From Yoga! Every week I am sharing short videos about life lessons that I learn from yoga.

Anyway back to running!

So my first week here in Spain I ran 3 miles 5 days that week
Second week I ran 4 miles 4 days
Third week I ran 5 miles …uhhh… Once. Oopsie. It got hot… it is so much harder to run when it is so hot outside!
I am going to try and wake up in the morning and go running cause the weather is much nicer in the early mornings. Hopefully that will work out better for me.


I would like to work my way up to a half marathon. Maybe I will find one to run later this year in the city? We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment