Friday, September 3, 2010

HA!

there were multiple and various titles for this post...I couldn't pick one...

"What I call a Fantastic day"

"Found IT!"

"What God wanted me to learn"

"Its okay to put down the camera now"

etc etc

so it ended up as what it is...

I got up a little bit earlier than I have been…and really it was still sleeping in. I really need to change my sleeping schedule. It hard cause I don’t have somewhere that I NEED to be so I keep on staying up late and waking up later.

I went running in central park. Came home showered and continued my job search. I have been in NYC for one week today. I have had a few interviews and turned in many resumes. I am really hoping that I can find a good job…SOON!

My roommate Val is not feeling well. No good when you are an actress in the midst of auditioning for parts…she actually has a call back today.

My other roommates started looking up remedies, one ran to the store to grab her lemons, honey and tea. haha They are so sweet! I live with good kind girls.

....

(Those dots above are a representation of a passage of time.)

I went out for a while and had a job interview and turned in some applications and now I am back at home. Had some chips and salsa and have been continuing my search for a job. really...thats what I do...all day...every day!

I gave in to applying to some restaurants today. Not my top choice of work. Considering I have my bachelors degree! Man! It’s a bit ridiculous.

Here’s the thing…I have so much to offer! Really- I am intelligent and ambitious, I am a hard worker and fun to be around.

so...

Heavenly Father wouldn't tell me its okay to come out here and take that internship and not help me with a means to support it...would he?

That’s the question that I have been asking myself. I have been in NYC for a week now. I am supposed to start my internship on Tuesday and I am having a heck of a time trying to find a job that will fit with my internship schedule.

The problem I am running into is they want me there 3 times a week from 10-6. And all of the educations and theatre jobs that I am finding don’t work around that time frame. So I decided that I would maybe try something else. Besides I need something to just help support me through the next 4 months while I am doing this internship. So I went and applied to some restaurants. But not even that will work with this schedule.

Rough spot eh?!

If I cannot get a job then I cant even do this internship…I cant even be in NYC. I need to have a means of supporting myself.

So started to wonder…

Is this internship what I am supposed to be doing?

I had been thinking for a while about moving to NYC. But I am not really the type of person to pick up and go somewhere without a plan. I need to have something set up before hand. Even though I had been told by quite a few people that I needed to just move to New York I couldn’t let myself just pick up and go without something set for me, without a solid purpose of being in NYC.

So the week after I got home from India I was offered this internship and that gave me the reason, sure I don’t have a job, it is an unpaid internship, but it’s something set and solid. When I was in NYC going to different companies and interviewing it is that place that I felt the best about. So I decided to take the internship.

Once again the question comes:

I asked this question to my best friend

K: Heavenly Father wouldn't tell me its okay to come
out here and take that internship and not help me with a
means to support it...would he?
Alex: depends on what he wants you to learn
K: what is that supposed to mean?
Alex: ya know I wish I knew

So if Alex doesn’t know then I defiantly don’t! Ha!
I started to wonder:

Maybe this internship that I have been planning on doing was the Lords means of getting me out to NYC, but not necessarily what I am supposed to do.
I was talking to Miriam about this and I loved her insight:

“Sometimes when I am about to go somewhere the Spirit tells me to go back and get my camera. And I think, “but I don’t need my camera.” But I go back and I get it anyway to find that an important envelope that I really did need was right underneath my camera. So THAT is the real reason that I needed to go back, not so much for the original purpose of getting my camera.”

So the camera we just the means of getting her there for something that was more important/something that she needed more.

I think that this internship is my “camera” It is what the Lord used as that means to get me out to NYC. But now that I am here it looks more and more like it isn’t going to work but there are other possibilities that could work instead.

So I went out tonight – with my roommates. I had been in the apartment all day...actually that’s a lie, I ran 4 miles this morning! It was BEAUTIFUL!!!

Then I was indoors and Kourtney decided that we should go to Cannal street.
Kourt, Ingrid, and I went together. Cannal street was fun! Lots of different kinds of people: Indians, Africans, tourists…it was kind of like India at least in the way of shopping. You could totally barter and get MUCH better prices then what they originally ask for!

I don’t have any money so I was there just for the people actually. I love the diversity and talking to the people who are trying to sell bags, watches, sunglasses and cheap souvenirs.

“you want a bag, how about a new bag”
K: “I have a bag…whats wrong with my bag?”
“you want a new bag! Its 2010! That bag is like 97!”
HA! LOVE it! I love talking to the people selling things on the streets.
“you want some sunglasses?”
K: “I got some right here.”
“oh you need more!”
K: “why? If I wear 2 pair at the same time people will think I am strange, do you want to make me look stupid?”
“you need a new watch”
K: “what wrong with the watch I have?!”
“that watch is old”
K: “you think my watch is ugly?”
“no, no your watch is beautiful, like you…you very pretty…like princess” HA! I love this! I wish you could hear it in the African accent that I heard it in!
So yeah good times on Cannal street

this is us trying to figure out where to go next...
Then we went and saw Walstreet including Huge buildings and the National Stock Exchange

World Trade Center site / Ground Zero
and the wall street bull
We then hopped on the Subway and made our way over into Brooklyn to meet up with some friends and go to dinner at the famous Gramaldis pizzeria.
The line was long, it was a timley wait to get in
BUT...
The pizza was GOOD!!
Yummy yummy Pizza!
My roommate Jule then took us on a little tour…

To the pier that looks out to Manhatten (where we had been earlier) and we got some great pictures!
Brooklyn bridge park

Watchtower – this “great and spacious building” is the world headquarters of the Jahovahs Whitness’ Julie says its kin of like their “temple square” haha.

We then took a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge
Walked around and Julie took us to a fountain that she likes that has these cool lamps around it
this fountain was actually used in the movie “Hitch”.
We then walked past the construction site of the World trade centers and back over to the bull
Over to Battery Park sat on benches and talked a while
This statue is in Battery Park. It used to be right next to the World Trade Center Buildings, but now has been moved here. So it is a bit dented up from the day the towers fell. Also there is an eternal flame in front of it, as a memorial.

We Decided time to go home...it was late...
Actually a few people decided to go on the statan island ferry, but Kourt, Ingrid and I were ready to go. I realized once I got on the sub how ready I was. My feet were done walking and I was tired!

There was one point that the train stopped and they announced multiple times, “sorry for the delay, the police are investigating a train ahead of us…sorry for the delay”

We got home and I opened up my laptop and I had received an email from Justin with the Theatre Mitu company with Most Welcome News!

“Ruben said you had expressed interest in interning and after a conversation between him and Candida, decided that he would like to formally invite you to intern with us and skip the normal application process. Considering your recent history with Theater Mitu it is easy for us to jump right to an invitation without an application proper.”

YEAH!!!!!

I am SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!

This is what I would have really originally wanted to do anyway! Work with the Theatre Mitu company! I am honored at this opportunity!

This is something that has opened up to me because I was here!...it is the important envelope that was underneath that camera! And even though I thought that my purpose in coming was to get the camera, I need to pick up the important envelope because the camera was just the means to get me to the envelope.

I am REALLY grateful that the Lord has led me to this! And I believe that this internship with the theatre Mitu company will be much better schedule wise –so I will be able to get a job to support myself so I can stay in NYC!

See! Its the important envelope under the Camera!!! I FOUND IT!!!!! AND...I think I am starting to learn the lessons that Heavenly Father wants me to learn...its a process...but I am getting it. =) But now I know that it is okay for me to put down the camera, because I have found what he really wanted me to come and get.

Now I need to figure out my work situation.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this entry, Kristy! I love those "Ah-ha!" moments we experience... and I am SO excited (and a bit jealous) of your opportunity with Mitu. Haha... So exciting! You'll be great and learn SO much, I'm sure.
    *muah*

    P.S. I couldn't help but think as I was reading this entry and looking at the pictures of a "subliminal" message in one of your night photos of the Manhattan Line (so gorgeous, by the way!)... You're there for the internship, "Or the men..." See the picture? Haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! Linz I love you girl! ACTUALLY! lol...I will be posting soon about that...men in NYC I mean...lol LOve loVe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KRISTY KADISH! I loved this post. And I'm so happy for you! I can't believe you LIVE in NYC right now! Good luck from P-town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you! And miss you and I am so proud of you and a little jealous because I want to live in NYC but that is a silly dream on my part so I am living it through you. :) I know things will work out. Here's my camera story. Not as profound as yours but still.

    When we still lived in UT, before we had kids of our own, I babysat the most amazing children. One day they were both napping but the baby was pretty close to waking up so I went to the kitchen to warm her up some breast milk on the stove. I put the pan of water on to boil, turned on the burner and then realized that there was an envelope on the counter that needed to be mailed. Funny thing, though, that darned envelope had been sitting there for days. But I had this overwhelming feeling that I needed to go out and put it in the mailbox RIGHT NOW. So I did. And on my way back into the house there was an explosion. I had turned on the wrong burner on the stove and it had heated up the glass Pyrex cake pan that was sitting on the wrong burner. The heat caused the pan to literally explode sending shards of hot glass throughout the kitchen. Had I been standing there at that moment, I would have had severe burns and cuts all over my face, eyes, arms, etc. What's worse, had I been holding the tiny baby in my arms when it happened......So that's my camera story. The letter I mailed wasn't all that important but listening to the promptings of the Spirit are what got me outside to put it in the mailbox thereby avoiding a total disaster. Sometimes we go back for the camera and have no idea why. We may never know the answer. That doesn't matter. What matters is that we listened when told to go back. Sometimes the answer is clear like the envelope we have been looking for, etc. Either way, we can't go wrong if we listen.

    I am proud of you, Kristy. You are brave and kind and I know that you will find what you are looking for. We'll continue to pray for you.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete