Wednesday, September 1, 2010

NYC Week 1 (first 1/2)

Events of this past week (Mon Aug 30th to Wed Sept 1st)

I went down town to go to the Union Square Chapel and talk to some people at LDS employment services. 2 ppl who work there and a senior missionary couple.

this is a picture of the building from the outside...as soon as you step inside it feels and looks like any regular meeting house.

We had a roof party the other day...just had some friends over and snacks to share. Up on the roof ouf our apartment building. I actually forgot to bring my camera up with me...sadly but here is a couple pictures back in the apartment after.

A few Friends...
and this picture was taken for my sister Andrea...

Guess who An!

This is acutally Andreas Visiting Teacher back in Utah. She was just in town visiting.

On Sept 1st I went to the MET with my roommate Ingrid and my friend Matt
It was the METropolitain Opera...not the Met Meseum....don't be confused.

They were having free screenings. So the show was going on live inside and they were filming it and we watched it outside in the Lincoln Square courtyard area on a big screen. like so...
see the little screen put up there?...it actually wasn't very little...we were just sitting far away, but we could see and hear just fine!
Matt and I waiting for the show to start...

When heading home after the show Matt was going the opposite direction than Ingrid and I in the Subway, so I took this picture of him from across the way..
It has been nice to get out here and there...I have been spending most of my time in front of my computer filling out applications and writing and re-writing cover letters and sending in my resume to half of NYC so I can find a job...which is not my favorite to do for such long periods of time EVERY day....but like they say- looking for a job is your full time job, til you find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment