Saturday, January 29, 2011

NYC Movie Moments

Living in NYC is SO GLAMORIZED!
"Look at all those pretty lights!"

I think that we can blame this on the movies!

People think you live in apartments like this:
But really they look like this:

And people think that you are always eating at fancy restaurants like this:
In reality its more like this:
(yep...my kitchen!...even though it doesn't look like a fancy restaurant- We make food that is AMAZING here!!!! AND it costs a lot less!)

And shopping looks like this:

Where it is really this…

No actually its more like this…
(yes that is my own closet…I don’t let myself go shopping, I want to, but I don’t have the money, so I need to make due with what I have!)

I LIVE in New York City…no I don’t go out every weekend, I don’t have glitz and glamour that is portrayed in the movies and I work really hard to make ends meat.

YET at the same time…I DO occasionally have what I will call
“NYC Movie Moments”

THIS…is one of them…

ICE SKATING IN CENTRAL PARK IN THE SNOW!!!!




It was Antonio's first time ever ice skating! SO MUCH FUN!!!

It really was a very enchanting and BEAUTIFUL moment! That I am SO glad I was able to be a part of it all!




A group met up at my apartment after ice skating and we had ourselves a little party!

3 comments:

  1. Finally, a new post!

    I like how you wrote "But really apartments look like this" under the pic of the gardened porch area. I thought to myself, that's pretty cool. Then I realized the pics of your place started under the caption, ha.

    You should come to Edinburgh where you do get posh 3-bedroom places to yourself, ha. PS. Thanks for representing Scotland in your closet pic :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spencer HA! I love that you talk like you are STILL in Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?! You tell me things like this and still expect me to move to NY?! What kind of a foundation of trust are we building this relationship on?

    ReplyDelete