Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Beach Day!




Brazil day 6 

Tuesday 11-24-15

The weather forecast has not been on our side since arriving in Rio. The weather has been VERY cloudy and overcast. And it has rained on and off and ALL I WANT to do is go to the beach!

Well today we decided to see if the 50% chance of thunderstorms that Google was predicting would really happen or not. We put on our swimming suits and headed off to Copacabana. We walked along the beach and enjoyed the views.



We went to the old Fort: Forte de Copacabana





My friend suggested that we go to to this little place to eat so mom and I had lunch there! It was very good!




After we headed back to the beach and I decided to try stand up paddle boarding. This is the first time that I have ever been! It looks so easy… its not! Haha! But after my hour lesson today I am already professional!...almost ;)

They showed me what to do on land, had me practice once on the sand – then sent me out into the water. Luckily NOT alone!

Hiram was my instructor. He is the epitome of tall, dark, and handsome – and ALL of my confidence went out the window! HA!



Let me explain something to you… I DO NOT get nervous around attractive men!

But put me on a large plastic board in the ocean and apparently my balancing skills override my uncanny ability to be flirtatious.* Cause I think it was when flirting kicked in that I fell off the board. Haha

Ok maybe not really…but it was all so much fun! I think that my biggest downfall is I would get excited and think, “Oh my gosh this is too cool!” then I would get giggly and then fall off the board. Haha.

Hiram was such a great instructor – reminding me of all the little things that I need to do! I would get back up on my board and re tell myself the things that Hiram coached me to do, “Focus! Ok! Sit ** Core strength! Look up! Don’t look down!” Gah! I looked down and would end up in the water again***, haha!

For my first time I feel like I did a pretty good job! I would love to go again so I can practice more and get a better hang of it!

If you have not seen it yet check out the video on my Facebook page! Its petty great! 

After my lesson Hiram and Phillip (another instructor) were playing with a soccer ball. I joined them, and a 4th person, who was walking by, came and joined us too! I love this about the culture that loved futbol so much! You love soccer too! Great! Come play with us! Everyone is invited.

Mom and I made our way down the beach and saw a Futevolei tournament. I saw this sport for the first time in Magnaratiba – there was a group of man playing on the beach. Today we stopped and watched for about an hour. The guys that were playing today were AMAZING! It was so fun to watch!


After that we went to the market and got a few things. 

As we waited for the bus home I noticed a man gently rubbing lotion on his tattoo. I asked him if it was new and he said yes. It is of an old school looking performance microphone with swishes of musical notes behind it looking almost like fire. It was very beautiful (in a masculine way) and well done.

I asked him if it was new, he said yes and we struck up a conversation with one another. Turns out he is a musician! We exchanged facebook information so I can hear his music. I love making new friends! It is especially fun to me to have many friends in different countries! That’s the biggest reason that I love facebook so much! I can have friends and stay in touch with them no matter where we live!

Today was such a good time! We got a little bit of sun- even though the sun was hidden behind clouds all day- The temperature was quite perfect!


I hear that its freezing in NYC and currently snowing in Utah- so I will take my overcast beautiful beach day and be REAL happy that I get to be in this beautiful country for this short time. Is all going way too fast!





*I consider it to be a great gift I possess thank you very much! Haha – I once had a good friend of mine tell me, “Kristy I am amazed how you can turn anything into a pick up line!” It’s a natural part of my personality #sorrynotsorry

**Thanks to awkward pose in yoga!

***It is like my yoga teachers always say – “you go where you look!” SO SO TRUE!




No comments:

Post a Comment