Sunday, November 29, 2015

Oi!

Brazil Day 10 
Saturday 11-28-15

This morning we had breakfast at the temple cafeteria and then Mom and I were able to attend a morning endowment session! What an incredible blessing! The temple is such a beautiful place and once again I am overwhelmed with gratitude and awe of the many blessings in my life because of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
 
After our session we went and packed up the car and then went back to have a really yummy lunch before we hit the road again. 


So. Much. Driving!
8 hours yesterday – and another 4 hours today
Good thing I like driving and good thing this country is BEAUTIFUL!

We arrived in Itai and were reunited with our good friend Adriana! 



Adriana is from Brazil! And she is who originally invited my mom to come to Brazil with her for this trip. I was added on as a later addendum – and I am SO THANKFUL too!

Of course the first thing that we needed to do when we arrived was eat! Cause Brazilian hospitality says, “You must sit and I will make you food!”

I’m not mad! I love food! I especially love trying new foods!

We got to meet some of Adriana’s family and friends. It was so beautiful outside so we went on a little walk over to Adriana’s Moms house. 


Her mom was so very sweet! And she made us tea! My friend Israel told me about this tea and how much he loves it- so I was excited to finally get to try it! 


You are right Israel- It is very good! 

We were sitting around talking and a little boy came into the room. He walked straight up to me and offered me his hands (in a prayer like position). In my experience this is the beginning of a hand game- haha 

I learned that this is how children will great adults. They offer their hands to show respect and say hello. It was the sweetest gesture that I have experienced in a long time. Gabriel and I became quick friends! He would go to his dad or to Adriana and ask how to say words in English and come back to say them to me. My heart melted when he said, “I love you!”

We spoke with one another (through Adriana) and played tic-tac-toe together:


and he asked me if I wanted to go into the living room and watch a movie with him. 


Tonight I also got to experience a Brazilian version of an ice-cream truck! You know the ones that drive around the neighborhood in the middle of the summer with the annoying music and you begged mom and dad for some money so you could run out into the street to catch him before he drive away? 

Well little Gabriel came into the kitchen so excited asking his grandma for some money! We all rushed outside and there was a man in a little car that had this set up in the back: 


He was making fresh churros! (Beau Dunn I thought of you! You would absolutely love these!)


SO GOOD! 

One of my favorite things about traveling is being in places like this. In peoples homes and seeing how other people live and their culture and lives. What a blessing to be welcomed into people’s homes. Brazilians are so warm and welcoming! It is such a pleasure to be here! 


Adriana's Mom is very talented at hand crafting kitchen towels and crocheting. So mom bought some rugs from her to bring home with her. 


It started to rain while we were at Adriana’s mothers house. So we stayed for a while talking, but it was getting late, so we borrowed some umbrellas and walked home.

We came back over to Adriana’s friends house and arrived home the same time as her friends and sister and sons. Today was Phillipe's birthday!


 He turns 18 today! So we got to be here to celebrate with them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment