Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's Over

This month went incredibly FAST!!! I cannot believe it is already the 31st! WOW!....Um….

So I have been thinking a lot lately…

Well I think all the time, but let me see if I can track these thoughts about this particular subject that I want to share…

I was talking about how absolutely AMAZING this summer was!
And I would re-live it in a SECOND!

May/June – became best friends with Alex and Brandon
June/July – 5 awesome weeks of efy
July/August – India
…really….REALLY?!?! yes my life is good

Yet now looking back at all of the wonderfulness in my life there comes a bittersweet taste. The past year of living with THE 5 most amazing girls that I have EVER met…
All graduating together…
And then my awesome summer…
It makes me a little bit sad to realize that things will never be the same again.

In a way I am still in “summer traveling mode” and I think my body and mind are starting to wonder when I am going back to Provo to reunite with my dearest friends and start school back up. Then I have to remind myself that it’s over.
…that’s the worst statement I have ever heard my mind say to itself…
It’s over.

Yet it is…
Katie is in Buffalo
Sue and Megs have both married wonderful men
Miriam is in Arizona
Beth is in California
Alex is in Provo
And I…
I am in New York City.

And I am really starting to come to the realization that life has to move on and when that happens people go different ways. Honestly, I have thought of this before, but it is really coming to life that it really will Never be the same again! I guess I just have this secret hope that we can all be together again and have dinner group, and roommate prayer, games nights and full intentions of watching a movie but end up sitting around talking for hours instead just because we all enjoy each other’s company so much. And there is a part of my heart that will always long for that…for us to all be together. Looking back I know that I took that friendship and our time together for granted so often. I am so incredibly blessed to have such good people in my life!
I pray that I will continue to be blessed in such ways!

I was reminded of a song that I like called "Summer is Over" by John Allred
here are the lyrics:

I wish sometimes that I could stare back at the sun
Cause I'm afraid when I'm alone down here
When all these days, just seem to blend back into one
And Growing old is the only thing we fear

And time won't wait for you, so please make up your mind.
If summer is over.

I won't forget the way the colors in your eyes
Remind me that these nights won’t last forever
It took too long just for us to realize
That time was all we had for worse or better

And time won't wait for you. So please make up your mind.
If summer is over
Than I won't wait for you to kiss me one more time.
it's almost over.

When the night's are getting longer, and the feelings getting stronger when I'm looking at a silhouette of you.
And there's so much I could say, all this time I've kept quiet. I've been saving all my words for you.

And time won't wait for you. so please make up your mind.
Cause summer is over.
Than I won't wait for you to kiss me one more time
it's almost over.

And time won't wait for you. so please make up your mind.
this summer over.
Than I won't wait for you to kiss me one more time
it's almost over.

and you should listen to it too! He has it on his play list on his MySpace page
http://www.myspace.com/allred


It's over...

once again, one of the hardest things that I have ever had to tell myself and still am fighting to come to a complete and full realization of the fact. Cause I don't want it to be over. I want to hold onto it for just a little longer. But I can't...cause its over.

No comments:

Post a Comment