Sunday, May 23, 2010

...did I forget to tell you.....

I GRADUATED from BYU!!!


 This is my graduation announcement...

 If you didn't get one (well its cause I haven't sent them yet. haha...BUT I now have them all addresses...thank goodness! that was quite the task to complete...So if you don't get one in the mail in the next few days its cause I dont have your address and you should give it to me so I can send you one =)

My roommates and I all graduated together! look at how cute we are!

I love us! 
     Kind of hard to believe how fast time is going by! Especially this past year!

I would like to describe to you a little bit about my graduation…but I don’t think I could do it the justice that my roommate did…you see one of the greatest things about this past year is I convinced one of my best friends from my major to be my roommate! SO… we get to SHARE EVERYTHING!
A few things Kristy and Miriam share include:
-Theatre Education Major
-Apartment
-Friends
-Lesson Plans and teaching ideas
-Tears
-Laughter
…This list could really go on for a long time…so I would like to add one more thing to the list of our sharing…and that is:
Blog Posts!
And I Quote from Miriam’s Blog:
“Deep in the confines of the HFAC, there is a long tunnel that fills the length of the north side of the building, it was there in that tunnel that I lined up and prepared to receive my diploma…and what could have been a rather standard graduation ceremony became a party on the back row with some of the funniest people I know.
You see, the problem with being a theatre major is that we all see a stage and think, “Perform! I must do something memorable and new! Kick kick turn. Smile. JAZZ HAAAAANNDS!” 
This need to perform of course leads us to do inappropriate things at inappropriate times. During the graduation ceremony I sat in the back row with my roommate and friends…we took pictures, cheered and all out had an enjoyable time.
I have to say my favorite moment of the ceremony was when Matthew Green was giving his awesome graduation speech and he said, “So, we’ve graduated with our degrees in the arts and we have all asked ourselves one very important question….” To which my roommate said, “What the hell do I do now?!!!” I burst out laughing– only because I was thinking the exact same thing.
End Quote.
So if you are wondering if I was the roommate that leaned over to Miriam and asked that question…its true HA! We really ALL were thinking it! Now the actual question that Matthew Green asked was, “I just got a degree in the arts…have I made a mistake” which in translation means, “What the hell do I do now?!”
I really liked his response though. He talked about how valuable our degrees really are. I really liked and appreciated what he had to say!

 So there you have it...we all graduated...you know what that makes us?!.....

 BYU Grads! thats what!...now I need to figure out the answer to that question that came up during graduation ceremonies!

No comments:

Post a Comment