Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Latley...

So…
I don’t have anything imparticular that I need or want to say….but there are things I want to share!...so….here we go I guess….

I really want to write another song on my ukulele!...but I have yet to find the time and right inspiration.

I went shopping with Alex the other day….
This is why we needed to go shopping…

K, ignore the fact that it is a picture of his butt (that I am pretty sure he doesn’t know that I got! Hahaha) just see that this boy REALLY needs new jeans! I mean he has had this pair for 4 years! Seriously boy?! Its time!...
This is how alex feels about shopping….
 So we found some good jeans for him…not including these SUPER SKINNY bright blue ones that he (sadly) refused to try on…
 I thought that it would be hilarious…but oh well….
OH! And we found some REALLY fun/funny shirts…

Alex LOVED this one! see his face! (thats the best part!)

For Alex our Airforce friend….

For our own little GI Brandon…

For our Goonie Brandon…

And for our little traveling Miriam! (cause she was in Ireland on the day that we took this pic)

And this....

Well the funny thing is we had just seen a dad walking around with his baby strapped to him like this as he shopped...but his baby didn't have the beanie and sunglasses....Alex's would!

Lets see…
This week I am playing “Nanny”  My cousin’s little girl has been having health problems for years. And Today he donated one of his kidneys to her.  So I am taking care of their other 2 kids.
Voilet - age 4

Tegan –age 2

Oh my goodness! They are so CUTE!!! I love them!
We are having a good ol time together! We went to the park the other day and had fun!

And some friends came too!

YAY!! 4 roomies together! This is EPIC! I mean this was a rare occurrence when we all lived together! HA! So it was a fun time at the park!

As have been taking care of these little ones – getting snacks, changing diapers, pulling out the old VHS Disney and children’s movies, brushing teeth, reading stories, saying prayers, putting to bed (8:30 bed time! Can you believe it! WOW!) It is so interesting to think that for some girls my age – some of my friends even….this is their reality! This is their life every day- with their OWN children! WOW! Crazy! Its interesting to me, cause I can do it- I actually think that I make a fine mother (well at least proxy mother for now)… it is so far away from my own reality.  Huh…don’t really know where I am going with this…or what I am trying to say…so I guess I am still processing and will leave it at that.
oh and these little ones LOVE the doggies! Especially Teagan!



Other things…..
Friday night was Lone Peak’s Drama Banquet so here are some pictures from that…
With the Techies...

And this is an Amazing cake that Keaton's mom made. she owns a bakery...and she is awesome!

The other night I went up to Primary Children’s hospital to visit my cousin and his little girl Paige – who just had the surgery.  We went to Paige’s room first.  We visited with Paige for a while she showed me her tummy which was all bandaged up and said that’s where the cut was and that she has a new kidney in there and that her new kidney is happy to be in her tummy.  (Yes! We all really hope so!) Ended up that everyone was over visiting Aaron (Paige’s dad) but Paige said, “well I need someone to stay here with me!” so my mom went over to visit with him and her mom and I stayed and visited with cute Paige and colored some pictures for her.
On the way home my mom dropped me off at my roommate Katie’s house in SLC.  Katie, Beth, Sue and I stayed at Katies house last night. It was nice just to be together and visit.  We woke up this morning to THIS…
BAH!!! CRAZY SNOW!!! Hello weather- um….excuse me! I think that you are confused!? It is the END OF MAY!!! Not Christmas! STOP SNOWING! STOP BEING COLD! COMMON!!!!
Seriously it just kept coming down! and of course all I brought up to to SLC with me was my sandles...heaven forbit I dress for summer.
 Beth and I in the car - to get out of the snow

We brushed the snow off of our cars and then drove up to Brigham City. 
My dear friend and roommate Megan Neeley recently lost her dad Bruce to cancer.  He has been sick for a while – but they couldn’t find out what was wrong with him.  And his passing was pretty unexpected. The funeral was Saturday in Ohio, but today they had the Graveside Service in Brigham City where Bruce was buried.
There was this beautiful statue at the funeral home. I love it!

I am grateful for my knowledge of the Plan of Salvation aka: Plan of Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment