Saturday, June 19, 2010

efy week #3 – Logan

Another great week of efy! I was a little bit worried about who my co counselor would be. And after having such an Incredible week with Alex as my coco I was REALLY hoping for another good one.
Well…
Meet Warren…
Yes! We love him!...its true!

Oh! Cool story from this week! I was on check in duty…and there was this kid…and he had a friendship bracelet and I said, “oh cool frien…wait a second!...I made that bracelet!” Turns out that Jackson still had the friendship bracelet that I had made for him a year ago at efy! For real! And I remember making it for him too! Cause I asked him what colors he wanted and he told me, “I want one exactly like yours!...same colors!” So here we are! Showing off our matching friendship bracelets!
LOVE IT!
My company was aWEsoMe!!! Love love them! Here they are…
Our Company name was Eternal Endurance
Our group cheer when like this: “E to the N to the durance…Eternal…Say WHAT!” With hand motions and ALL! It was awesome!

Here is our banner…
and the whole company with the banner!
and we totally made it into the cheer off! HA! Such a funny group!
We would jump rope together…here is my sweet jump rope pic of the week!
This jump rope is one of the greatest investments I have made! haha! SO FUN!

And my little Ceddy (Cedrick) got sick…poor kid…and they thought that he had spread it…so they decided that our entire company needed to have their throat checked out…
Just for fun Warren and I jumped into the line too and the health counselor kind of freaked out when she saw my tonsils and said that I needed to go back to my room cause I was swollen…haha!...no no my friend…I just have big tonsils! Haha…its true.

lets see....how about I share some more pictures!

all of the counselors this week...
Warren and Me....
Our Chillins during games night...which was held in the Toaster (the toaster is the church building...thats its nickname...strange I know)

My Man Cubs working on the blankets that we did for service project...
OH!!!....I must tell you of the AMAZINGNESS of Musical Program This week!
My ENTIRE COMPANY was in Musical Program. This is the first time (I wouldn't doubt saying EVER) - that a WHOLE company of 14-15 year olds did Musical Program together!
this is a picture at the first rehearsal...we had TONS of youth who came and participated!
This makes me SUPER excited! cause I believe that Musical Program is one of the BEST experiences that they can have at efy!
I have never had anyone regret being in musical program! It is truly an AMAZING experience! To be able to bear testimony through song! So I really push it a lot and strongly encourage my kids to be a part of it. This week we had 1/4th of the session in the Musical Program! SO COOL! It was AWESOME!!!!

OH! AND.....
this is our session director - Brother Chang with his cute family...
He is pretty much AMAZING! I feel really blessed to have been able to associate with him and learn from him this past week! Yes- he is here for the kids...as I am....yet I got a lot from him and very much appreciated our little one on one talks that we were able to have! He was so genuine and kind and loving! and spoke by the Spirit! I was very much influenced by some of the things which he said to me!

Bro Chang found out at the beginning of the week that I am fluent in ASL - so he randomly called me up to help him tell the chillins about the rules at the beginning of the week, and then asked me to sign the theme song which all of the counselors sang together.
WELL....come to find out there was a young woman at this session who is Hard of Hearing, she came up to me and told me that it really helps her out when I sign.
SO- on Thursday I interpreted for the entire Musical Program and the fireside. It was an exhausting and exhilarating task! I LOVE interpreting...I still get a little nervous every time I go to do it! Thank goodness for the Spirit! He guides me and helps me SO MUCH when I am interpreting!
The Spirit runs REALLY deep within me while I am interpreting for church/testimonies. So it was a really powerful experience to interpret for the musical program. I almost started to tear up a little bit for part of it. I wish I could adequatly explain the feelings of the Spirit, but I don't think its something that can rightfully be put into words. so I shall just say that I was very grateful to be able to be part of that this week and have such wonderful spiritual experiences!

Oh! and on that note...I just thought of this! kind of a little ah-ha moment as I sit and type...
The greatest spiritual experiences come when in the service of others!"

Lets see...

Picture TIME!!!!
OH MY GOSH!!!!
They were Freaking Excited!....

Can you tell?!?!

Warren and I really DO like each other...
we are standing like this for an "insert self here" photo opp! so the kidlets could just insert themselves in between us.
like so....
Maxamus got a little confused about where to insert himself...
and Scotty...well this is how he was most of the week...texting....
so that's where the inspiration for this picture came!

OH MY GOSH!!!!....
This week I discovered some AMAZING things that my camera can do! HAHA!!!! Some editing features that are built right into the camera!
for example: taking out red eye and a fishlens edit feture, a "retro" option that puts a black circle around your picture... this focused color option...

then there is this cool one that I did on a picture of alex that I had on my camera...We shall call this edit the "BLING BLING!" cause it puts sparkles into your photo....
oooooohhhhhhh! SHINEY!!!!!!

THeN!.....our FAVORITE!!! which has been the cause of MUCH entertainment and MANY Laughs!.....HAPPY FACES!!!!!
This feature enhances the smile....making the faces more....HAPPY!
Here are a few before and after examples:

Jon:
[ Insert story here:
I actually have a funny story about Jon! On Wednesday after BC meeting Jon casually says to me, "Kristy, when I first met you I was totally intimidated by you." I said, "oh really?" He replied, "yeah! you could have told me to do ANYTHING and I would have done it!...like...go kill that guy! and I would have said, yeah okay!"
haha- I asked him why it was that he was so intimidated of me?
He said, "I think that it was something that you said at the first meeting of the week when I first saw you...I dont even remember what it was....but you were....oh.....I dont know....let me think....whats the right word.....you were very......Fiery!"

"oh....okay....thanks." lol I actually take that as a compliment in ways!...cause I will tell you what...I would MUCH rather be Fiery than bland and dull! ]

Jaxon:
Warren making a frownie face:
No more Frownies!:

What a FUN little discovery eh?! I think so!

So this week at efy Bro Chang came up with the fun iead to have all of the counselors have a "secret friend" and we would give small gifts to our friend in secret...Tuesday we gave our favorite treat, Wednesday we gave a poem, Thursday we gave a spiritual thought, and Friday we revealed to them who their secret friend is! It was a fun little thing to do.
Warren asked for my Wed during games night with writing his poem...this is what we came up with...
We think that we are quite hilarious!

Um....I just want to share one last thing! from this week...
This is Warren during games night...

He is trying to say:

IRISH WRISTWATCH

go ahead...try to say it 3 times fast...or just once slow...sounds pretty easy huh? but I bet you will struggle!

1 comment:

  1. So... remember how I work on campus at USU and have seen EFY people all over? How did I never see you?! Love you!

    Whit

    ReplyDelete