Friday, August 20, 2010

Friends and Fire

I was cleaning out boxes today…

And I found an old English portfolio that I did for my creative writing class in 12 grade in high school. I read one of the poems that I wrote
I will now share:

The person who has their eye so focused on the bad,
Never sees all of the good that there is to be had.
The person who has their eye set where they are,
Never can see the goal, and that it’s not far.
The person who has their eyes turned the pessimistic way,
Never can see the light of the optimistic day.
The person who has their eyes concentrated to the ground,
Never will see the good of life all around.

Yay younger me- inspiring older me!

This may be a bias opinion…but I like it! I actually considered making some changes to it before I posted it here…but I thought that I would give my teenage self the credit and respect it deserves by just leaving the poem as is and not changing it, I REALLY like the message of it!
Also as I was cleaning out boxes I was texting an old friend and telling her about my life plans. I love what she said:

Friend 1: “WOW! Your life is like a movie!”

My response: “I hope it’s an American chick flick then!
Cause in those the girl gets an awesome job AND a man!”

Friend 1: yeah and he is really hot too!
haha…cause I will tell you this much – I love foreign films, but for the most part they do NOT end happily!...so I really don’t want my life to be like a foreign film.

Then I was telling another friend about this and she said, “Actually it’s a combination of a chick flick and a bollywood movie!”

…my response to that….

YES PLEASE!!! Ah-hahaha!

Well today we had a little get together up the canyon. I decided that I wanted to have a fire and roast some hot dogs, marshmallows and starbursts cause I may not be able to do that for a while now that I am moving to the city.

Here are some pictures from our Rendevou….

They boys watched Sue try to get the fire going...
then Alex came, smiled at the situation...
and decided that he would take over
(It takes a lot of people to supervise Alex with fire!)

He got it going...

I am glad that I was able to get some friends together!


gotta love this little love circle that was formed...

LOVE LOVE!!!!

I also had some friends drop in that I sadly didn't get pictures of- how did THAT happen?
so thankyou Jeremy, Mari, Emily, Meghan, Pratt, Suey, Adam, Johnny-boy, Ryan, Jason, Ashley, Brandon, Alex, Trevor, and Beth for coming and playing with me tonight!

Love you all!

Ps- I also recognize that there were some people who despite wanting to come tonight but couldn't make it cause India didn't want them there.

ie: Critter and Miriam

for those of you in this category -> I love you TOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment