Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hi NYC, my name is Kristy…

BLAH!!!!
I had some things typed up from today and yesterday….but I did not save them and my computer shut itself down and now I lost those blogs! …Darn!
….so I may be missing some things but I will tell you about my last day at home and the move to the big apple…

I got to see Suey – I went over to her place and we made peppernuts. They are little mini cookies. They don’t have peper in them…or nuts…I know…don’t be confused. (hummmm....I shoudl have taken a photo....shoot!)Haha We have a fun little story to go along with them though…

We made them 2 summers ago in Ohio for our road trip back to Utah for school. We were eating them and so Johnny-boy hid them so we could save them for the trip. Well ½ way between Ohio and Utah we realized that we had totally left them hid away above the cabnit where Johnny-boy put them. Haha! Oh well we enjoyed the penut butter brownies that mom made for us! (YUM! Penutbutter-brownies…now I really want some!)

Anway it was good to spend some time with my twinner! LOVE her!

Then I went to see Johnny-boy for a bit. I ran an errand with him, he ran an errand with me,
and just talked for a bit and said goodbye.

I came home and had a nice little barbecue with my family. A friend from my mission stopped by too! It was good to see him again!

The day before I came to NYC I had a lot of mixed feelings… I was trying to explain it…I couldn’t … it was kind of an anxious, nervous, knotted stomache feel…

Alex called it “your moving to NY” oh…yeah…is that what that feeling is?...yep
Alex and Brandon came by to say goodbye. Good to see them as always…I love those boys so much! When we were saying goodbye I had tears come to my eyes as Alex pulled away…he pulled back around instead of just driving off…so I didn’t think he would see me but he did, he looked at me and said, “are you crying!?”

Brandon then says, “oh man…emotions are going to start and then things’ll get awkwrd… I gotta go!”

Haha…well that’s what I get for choosing them as my best friends.
Boys that can’t handle emotions.

My loving, kind, AMAZING roommate Beth came to visit me too! She even brought frosties for us. We sat out on the poarch and she and I got to just sit and talk. It was SO NICE !! I love Beth! She is so encouraging and uplifting and pretty darn inspiring to me! She always knows just what to say! I look up to her a lot!

Well…I stayed up way too late! And got an hour or so of sleep. Woke up, mom and Emily brought me to the airport. My layover was in San Francisco (yes I know its in the opposite direction).

Then I came to the JFK airport and found my way to my new apartment.

Julie my roomie and 2 of her friends took me out to dinner at Crepes Columbus.

Yummy Crepes!
this was the BEST one:

Dark chocolate, coconut and caramel crepe. It was Amazing! Pretty sure this food is not good for any kind of healthy diet, but who cares right?

Now back at the apartment…

I think it is mostly because I am really tired right now…but I am starting to have returning feelings of…I am moving to NYC…I think it is also called: uneasy. Yep that’s what it feels like is uneasiness!

Sometimes I have these doubts that come into my mind and I think…BAGHDAD! what AM I doing here?...okay I have been here for 4 hours I really shouldn’t freak out, I just need to get some sleep.

Why is it that a text msg from ‘my one and only’ puts a smile on my face but makes my stomach/heart knot up? Well this is the first time that I have heard from my best friend sense I have been here… I was really happy to hear from him! It just came right as I was getting the “moving to NYC feeling”
Bah!
Its fine!
I’ll be fine…
I just need to go to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment