Friday, August 27, 2010

Shakespeare in Central Park

Last night I realized that I could very possibly need my social security card when I find a job…hummmm….I have no idea where it is!

So today I went on a walk to the Social Security office. Its something like 16 blocks from my apartment. So not to far. I took this picture on my walk to the social security office...
I liked the look of this old building against the beautiful blue sky!

I waited in line...of course I forgot my book. I dont know why but whenever I lug a book around with me I don't have time to open it, but whenever I leave it at home I find myself wishing I had it with me. Such is life.
I stopped at the store on the way back home and I got to talk to Miriam as I was shopping. YAY!

So…

...Friday night…

…in NYC…

Here’s the thing…I have no friends and no money! HA! Great combination eh?

So I was on my computer ½ heartily looking for something. There is a fringe theatre festival going on now and I would love to go and see some of those shows, but once again I really don’t have the money. So I concluded that I was probably just going to stay home. Then I remembered hearing about Shakespeare in the park…so I looked it up and there was a show starting in 15 minutes. I grabbed my purse and went out the door and walked over to where the show began, I arrived just in time.

I watched Much Ado About Nothing – which is one of my favorite Shakespeare plays.

It was a fun show! I liked how it was presented! The audience sat on the grass and every few scenes we would go to a new location, so the audience would stand and hurry over to the next place, or sometimes they would have us all turn around and the front of the audience would become the back, or they would walk into the middle of the crowd and have us all form a big circle around them. During the party scene they handed out masks to the audience. And as it started to get dark they used big mag flashlights as their spotlights on the actors. I thought that was pretty great! I also loved that when they wanted us to move to a new location the production team who were spotting the actors with the flashlights would run ahead and sit on the ground and point the flashlights to their sides to mark where the front row was to be and the audience would all scurry up to the line and have a new seat and the performance would start again.

I snapped this one picture really quick so you could kind of see what it was like...

I am glad that I found this performance to go to! It was a perfect night to be in central Park and enjoy some Shakespeare!

No comments:

Post a Comment