Thursday, July 19, 2012

Borough Market


I went into the city to try to get tickets to see a show at the Globe. Sadly they were all sold out. But there was a free internet connection in the area. So I sat by the Thames River and got to talk to my bestie Miriam! The connection was not the best one ever but we were able to fit in a good 40 minute conversation and we only had to call each other 20 times to get it all in. haha Every time the connection went bad we would hang up and call right back and continue talking where we had left off.

I had a moment of loneliness today, I was supposed to meet up with a friend of mine, but couldn’t get a hold of him.  I enjoy traveling so much! And sometimes it is nice to be alone, so that I can go at my own pace and do my own thing… but I really would love to share it all with someone. I told Miriam that next time I decide to go somewhere I have to bring her with me! It is fun to have a traveling companion! Today I wished I had one.

So I went to Borough Market and got some fruit and some cheese and some bread… for a picnic for when Jen and Phyl get into town on Sunday! SO EXCITED!!! I will get to see them for ½ a day as our London trips are overlapping with one another.

At the market I got a duck sandwich… oh man! It is the best thing that I have tasted in a LONG time! (other than the wonderful meals that Gavin and Ana make  for me! They are so great to feed me and make really yummy food!) I walked back over to the Thames River and sat in the cool breeze and ate my lunch and savored the moment.

I then took a walk and took some pictures and enjoyed the nice day. I ended up at the National Theater. They had a free performance.  It was actually 2 separate performances a little less than an hour each.

One did movement based performance, which included a slack line, and the other was mainly juggling.  It was a fun outdoor performance and the weather was perfect!

I then went to the Hyde Park chapel where the Britannia Ward (Young Single Adult Congregation) was having a get together. I met some new friends and then my friend and I took a walk in Hyde Park and got to talk for a while. I LOVE Hyde Park! 

No comments:

Post a Comment