Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ego Booster Tips


I recently ordered a new dress for myself on line. I don’t usually do that cause I like to try things on before I buy them, but I thought I would take a chance.  I am glad I did because I LOVE it! And I will just put in a plug for how much I love Target!

So yay for a new dress! I am meeting up with a friend for dinner after work so I decided to wear it today.
On top of a new dress my hair is working today as well! Yay for good hair days!

I left my apartment and walked towards the subway to head to work. I heard someone yelling from their car... a whistle, a call out, “Hey! Hey baby!” I didn’t even turn my head. I just kept walking. I knew that he was calling out to me. I ignored it.

Then the car pulled up and a guy jumped out and came up to me. This is our conversation… my thoughts are in the brackets…

Guy: Hey how you doin?
Me: Fine
[For real!? This guy just had his friend pull over the car and jumped out, ran up to me so he could talk to me! HA!]
Guy: Where you goin?
Me: I am going to work
[I kept on walking at my normal pace, and he walked right along with me.]
Guy: No, I am going to take you to breakfast! Where do you work?
Me: downtown
Guy: Where downtown?
Me: in Midtown
[sure… let me tell you the exact location of my work so that you can stalk me… or not]
Guy:  Well I will give you a ride in my car, come on!
Me: No thanks
[Hilarious! He wants me to get in the car with him! What is next will he offer me candy too? My dad taught me to never accept candy or rides from strangers. I still live by this rule.]
Guy:  Ok, so you going to give me your number so I can take you out to dinner sometime?
Me: I don’t think my boyfriend would like that very much.
Guy: boyfriend, Awe… common if you have a boyfriend then he should give you the freedom to do whatever it is you want to do.
[This part of the conversation is funny to me because of a few things:
#1- If HE were my boyfriend I am going to take a guess that he WOULD mind if I gave my number out to other random guys
#2- “The freedom to do what I want” is assuming that what I WANT is to give him my number and go out with him! Really guy… is that what I want? Along with the implication that I am controlled and restricted by my boyfriend to not be able to do what I want to do. Like it isn’t my choice. Too funny]

He then wished me well, complimented me and watched me walk away, while he continued to talk… something about boyfriend… blah blah blah…

Oh man! So ladies when you want an ego booster here are a few tips:
1    1-      Buy a new dress that you feel good in.
2    2-      Walk down the streets of Harlem.

1 comment:

  1. I've read all your travel posts and I can't wait to talk about your adventures in more derail. But I just had to comment on this one Haha. I'm just going to pretend that I'm the dad you were talking about. I was like, "If that girl even thinks about getting ibm that car Imma call her right now and scream at her." Next time just tell them that your dad wouldn't appreciate it. Ay ay ay girl you are too fabulous to be walking them streets alone.

    ReplyDelete