Saturday, July 14, 2012

Thinking Time


I find my self a bit regretful that I didn’t use yesterday more wisely.  It was sunny and beautiful til about 6pm. And I was inside all day, and today is rainy…but that’s ok. 
Today I went into the city and saw a matinee. There is a little fringe theater that I found 3 years ago and I saw a really great play there so I wanted to go back again. The play was called: The Drawer Boy. It was a little bit slow at first, but the story picked up especially in Act II. The acting was committed and overall I enjoyed it.

It was rainy when I left the house this morning. But it turned into a BEAUTIFUL day! I was exceptionally happy with the weather! I walked around. Went to Buckingham Palace and sat for a while and read my book. I took a walk by St. James Park. SO BEAUTIFUL. I then walked by Parliament and Big Ben and then up to Trafalgar Square.  I sat there and people watched for a while.  I then headed home before it got too late. 

Traveling alone lends itself to a LOT of thinking time! A lot of PERSONAL thinking time.  I think even more than when I am home. I think that is because my phone is not as easily available.  A lot of my thinking is done as I talk things out.  At home I am constantly on the phone with my mom, sisters, or one of my best friends. I can still call a few people on Viber – but that is only if I have wifi. And I don’t have wifi while I wander the streets of London. So I am left to my thoughts and myself.

I part love this and part hate it.  I will say this much: one big perk to getting married – is actually having a traveling companion!  It is nice to do what I want to do, move at my own pace. But at times…times like today… I yearn for companionship, to be able to share with another my adventures.  That would be really nice. It will happen… for now I have a lot of thinking to do, and what better place to be lost in thought than the streets of London?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment