Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sweet Reunions


Today I set out to wander again… I went to the tower of London 
and walked around, and saw a beautiful church that had a cool little museum in its crypt 

I ended up in the financial district. It is SO similar to New York City here! Just with British flare.


I found a piano that said “Play Me” so I did! It was a rather quite piano, but people stopped to listen to me, and clapped for me. that was nice. Thanks to my couple years of Piano lessons and the 2 songs that I still know from playing in a competition from over 15 years ago. 

I walked across the London Bridge and along the river Thames.  It started raining again. Oh London you and your fickle weather! It was supposed to be sunny today I didn’t bring my umbrella with me either. What was I thinking?  

I found a bench under a covered area to sit on and eat my sandwich and I read. I am reading the hunger games… for FUN! HA!!! I cant remember the last book that I read that I wasn’t assigned to me! I sat there for a good hour or more reading in the cool rainy London air. 

I then went to meet up with George, a good friend of mine.  Seeing him again is so exciting! I really feel like I am living a dream! It was a sweet reunion! We hugged each other for a long time and then went and got some hot chocolate and sat and talked for a couple of hours.  There are people in life that you just connect with.  It is almost an indescribable thing but these are the friendships that are cherished the most. Where you don’t see someone for 3 years and are still as comfortable with him or her as the last time that you were together. You can spend hours talking and never run out of things to say, but when time is suspended you feel the conversation is being cut short cause there is still so much to talk about. George is one of those friends for me. I am very grateful for him. I still consider him to be one of my best and dearest friends, even though we live far away and it is hard to stay in touch sometimes.  It is a joy to see him again!

We then went over to the church to hang out with some of the singles ward that were there. Then I headed back home before it got too late. 

Ana had made a DELICIOUS dinner! Oh My! They take amazing care of me here! I may just stay forever!


No comments:

Post a Comment