Friday, July 23, 2010

Field Trip Time

day5

8am- yoga class
9am-breakfast
10am- dance class
12noon- martial arts
2pm-lunch
3pm-FIELD TRIP!!!
We changed out of out black and whites into street clothes and met at the bus!
-We went to this temple…
And here are some things that we saw there…

Apparently this is a REALLY important temple. because of this…
Its 3 of the main gods carved out in stone…HUGE…and Ruben was saying that this is something that he has never seen before – the 3 together.

-We went to a Theatre in Banglore tonight to see a show.
Pics at the theatre:
There was also a little bookstore in the theatre...and I went and looked at the childrens books. this is a page out of one...I laughed...
HA!....about different homes in India...funny but not all at the same time...

Oh and there was another book that I LOVED -
this one reminded me of little Neeley!

The show was a solo show, one woman who devised her own piece. It was…an…interesting show.
It was a very small audience and small space in which the show was performed. It was really interesting to me how many little cell phone lights I saw over around where I was sitting. There was a guy that kept checking his phone that was sitting 2 seats away from me. Then in the middle of the show he actually answered his phone. A volunteer that worked at the theatre tapped him on the shoulder and told him he couldn’t talk on his phone during the performance. Without even trying to lower his voice the man says, “No! You can’t tell me what to do! You shut up!” – He then continued to check his phone the rest of the performance.

Then after the show as everyone was putting their shoes back on a worker at the theatre came up to the man and said- “Sir, you cannot answer your phone during the performance, and you need to apologize to him (the guy he was rude to).”

His response was incredible, “NO! YOU SHUT-UP!...NO! YOU SHUT-UP!” he was yelling! Literally…there were many other partons of the theatre that were telling him, “No- you are wrong…etc…you cant answer your mobile in the theatre, during a show!”
His response: “NO! YOU SHUT-UP!...NO! YOU SHUT-UP!”
Hahaha…..it was really quite incredible…really….The “After Show” was better than the show!

This is us talking to the writer/director/actor of the show...she is also a ballywood film actor:

On the bus ride home I got to sit next to Ruben and talk with him. We talked about what I want to do and what my immediate future consists of…which I really don’t know! …HA! And what my goals are etc.

I LOVE the advise that he gave to me…

“If you were to turn the page in the book of your life and start to read what comes next…what could you read that would make an awesome next chapter?!”

We talked about me moving to NYC and he said to me, “Maybe it’s time for that part of your story to start? ….it doesn’t even have to be the rest of your story…maybe just this part of it.”
I still have a lot to think about and figure out- its constantly on my mind…we shall see soon how the next awesome chapter starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment