Thursday, July 15, 2010

NYC Guessing Game...who wants to play?!

Today I played a game with some of my friends and family. (sorry if you were not included...you are still loved)

Name of the game: Guess Where I Am

How to play: Kristy takes a picture of where she is and texts the picture to some friends and family. Whoever answers back with the correct location wins!

if you are sad that you were not included in this game you can play now...

Guess where I was:

Answer: Central Park!

This bench is where I ate lunch
I really don't have any pictures of myself in NYC (oh! except for the one from yesterday with Steven and me)...considering I am here alone. I am also kind of avoiding looking too "touristy" to avoid being a target. I guess it is working though....#1-I have not been mugged and #2- Today as I walked around someone asked me for directions. Ha! I had no idea! lol

I only had a little bit of time in the park to eat my lunch and then I headed off to my next destination...I walked around for a bit looking and I saw THIS...
do you see it!? Here I will give you a closer view...
YES?!

Thank you Angel Moroni! You totally helped me find it!

This was round 2 of the "Guess where I am Game"

Did you guess!?
Answer:
Yes! that is correct!

I walked in and the temple worker at the recommend desk said, "There she is!" as if they has been expecting me! as he took my recommend he said, "Welcome to the Temple sister!"
BAH!! I LOVE IT!!!! Its the SAME!!! no matter where you go! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that! I felt right at home!!! I went through an endowment session and it was GREAT! Love the Temple!

After the session in the Temple I went back over to Central Park... I didn't have much time there before... I just wandered around a bit...took more pictures
Now...there is a little bit of a trend here...
#1- I am not in any pictures...we have already gone over this
#2- I like Bridges
#3- I like skylines
so here ya go....
I would really like to get some pictures of me...I actually got an idea today of something that I would like to do...I was going to start it today (picture wise)...but then got distracted and forgot about it when I got a phone call. but I remember now...so we shall see if I can do it...and if its as cool of an idea in reality as it is in my head...and I will not be telling you what it is quite yet!

Oh! the phone call! I should tell you about this phone call! It was from NYTW (New York Theatre Workshop) which is a company that I turned in my application to yesterday. they want to interview me while I am in town...so I have an interview set up with them tomorrow. Hazaa!

I continued on my way through the park and came across this little trio...they were playing Jazz music...
I had full intentions of continuing to walk around and get a lot done and keep up the high pace...but my sore back, the shade, a bench and the jazz music won! I sat and enjoyed the music for a while and just lived it up! I very much enjoyed it!

Then I needed to get moving again...I had a good hour til I needed to be at the theatre that I was going to tonight to see an experimental show. I was in the area-ish so I went by here...
Oh shoot! I should have played the game with this one!...I forgot to though...
anyway...you know it?!

k lets play this movie...who can tell me what movie this little place is in!?!? I can think of 2 actually! double the points if you can name BOTH movies!

the wait was much longer than I had the time for...so hopefully I can go back cause I have heard good things about their frozen hot chocolate!....doesn't that sound SO good!? I LOVE hot chocolate!

So I went to go to the theatre for the show tonight...totally got on the wrong subway train...DARN IT!!!....but I switched things back around and backtracked then hopped on a different train, walked swiftly to destination and still made it on time.

I saw a show tonight called "Are We Here Yet?" It was cool! I very much enjoyed it! and then I read the directors note....HAHA! SO COOL! I will have to insert it here later...but for now I really need to go to bed so I can get up and do more tomorrow. love love

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS i so miss you and i know i keep telling you that you cant move to new york, i think you kinda belong there. and just so i dont miss you too too much I will come visit :) p.s. please at least take a few pics with you in them...just turn the camera around make a funny face and play guess where in the world in carmen san diego...ooops i mean where in NY in kristy kadish lol love you sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it in One Fine Day? And... Serendipty? Maybe... Haha! I'm not sure aside from One Fine Day. I love NYC!!!
    *muah*

    ReplyDelete