Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ahhh...the places I go....

Today I went to Harrods...

HOLY COW!!!!

That is a HUGE department store!

It takes up the whole block. And I had a map to find my way around the store. They had a section for everything! It was like a mall but all the same one department store. Pet store section, athletics, toys, books, piano and guitars, (which they had a ukulele that I was really tempted to buy! Fender is now making ukulele's and they had one that was really nice and not too expensive- I wanted it! I miss my ukulele! I want to play!) there were also lots and lots of resturants and little cafe's in this huge department store too. it was pretty cool.


Oh and on the bus ride there we saw this....


a bunch of Elvis Presley's riding bicycle's HA! I dont know why...but it was funny!


After Harrods I came home and wrote a response paper that is due on the play Alphabetical Order that we saw as a class. I also did a reading response log on another play that I read for class. So once all of my homework was done I wanted to get out and do something.

So I got some girls together and we all went to a small theatre that is off of West End.

(West End is where all of the big time theatre's are- comparable to Broadway.)

So this was just a small venue that we went to tonight- a little blackbox theatre. We had second row seat and the play that we saw was called "Potentials" it was a dark comedy. It was pretty good! I really liked seeing this kind of show- smaller and it had some real substance to it- cause it wasn't just about the glam and glitz of it like a lot of broadway musicals- but I could see and learn some new things and get ideas from a new director.  Pretty cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment