Monday, May 4, 2009

I have found my new love!!!

This is what they call in Holland a strope waffle. It's two waffles (kind of like the yummy waffle ice cream cones) with soft toffee in the middle. the package that I got says they are called toffee waffles - I like to call them DELICIOUS! SO SO YUMMY!!!!

hummmm.....the rest of my Sunday was good! We got a group of us together an all read Twelfth Night together as a group. It is one of the plays that we are required to read for class- I like reading plays better outloud with other people rather than by myself. It keeps my interest better, I am able to understand then more, and besides plays are meant to be performed! So group readings are closer to a performance.

Also - Graham and I made bagles! seriously! cool huh?!? and they were GOOD! it was all Graham's idea too, he used to work in a bagel shop so he knew what he was doing.

Today...
Went to class.
Then we went to go on this special walking tour but I got the days mixed up and i is actually for Wednesday not Monday, oops.
So instead we decided to go to Picadilly Circus. Which isn't a circus at all- lol. its a lot of shops and such. So we hoped on a bus to go over and look around, explore and shop a bit. after being on the bus for a while I realzed that we were headed in the opposite direction than we should have been going. So we got off crossed the street and waited for a bus going back in the direction that we had just come from. So our bus time was pretty muched doubled HA- oh well- its all part of the adventure. this picture is us being lost looking at our bus map. So when we found ourselves again we walked around some shops for a while. There were a lot of places closed because it is Bank Holiday this weekend. Which is a government holiday.
We also got to see soem street performers today...
a wizard who I got a wish from...

a man who go escaped from a strait-jacket...
and some guy who got mad at me for taking a picture of him and his cat... really i just wanted a picture of his cat cause it has a jacket/sweater on - lol...people do weird things with their pets. I was also impressed at how the cat sat there so still wearing its little jacket.
We then decided to grab a bite to eat and then go over to the area where the theater was that we were going to see a show with our class. We were walking through the streets in a part of town that we hadn't been before. I love just wandering the streets here! We foudn this awesome wall and took some fun pictures...Also found this cool little park-esq area right in the middle of all these big London buildings. with fountain and everything- very beautiful!
And look at this beautiful church! AMAZING!!!
Anyway- so we were running out of time, we only had 1/2 an hour til the show was starting so we needed to get going. This is when we realized that we were lost...again!
We asked a lot of people if they knew where the theatre was- no one did- til we finally asked a cab driver. and he said- "oh you are far away" So he gave us the road name it was on and told us how to get there. We went to the tube stop and realized that it was taking way too long. So we ran back out and caught a can to take us to te theatre. We got there a little late- so missed the first part of Alphabetical Order, which was the show we were seeing. But we made it. =)
After the show a big group of us went out and everyone pitched in to buy a fancy cake from this french shop down the street for me and 2 other girls cause our birthay's are this week.
This is Charity, me and Kristin with our fancy French birthday cake =) it was yummy!
And that be it for today- I just watched amovie with a few friends and wrote my blog for you to enjoy...whoever you is- ha! nevertheless- love you!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kristy! I saw your blog address on facebook. Lucky that you are in London! My friend Lauren is there right now too, but I guess with the other BYU program. I'm glad you are loving London. It is my FAVORITE place on the planet (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday love! You are just having the best time aren't you?! I can't believe how much you've already done. Have you met up with Lindsay yet??

    ReplyDelete