Saturday, May 2, 2009

Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage...

So- really don't think it'll take you 2 hours to read this- but it's a quote from Romeo and Juliet- which I saw today...which by the way was much longer than 2 hours...but I will get to that in a minute =)
also- there are no star-crossed lovers...but...the dance was fun last night...I walked into the chapel and was really surprised to see my friend Brandt- from Freshman year at BYU.
He is also on a study abroad here in London just with a different program than mine.

My friend Gary was also there...I know him from BYU theatre program - he was in Macbeth which was the show that I was stage managing last semester. He is from here in London - so it is fun to see him too.

Today we went on a little "field trip" with everyone. Sometimes its fun to do stuff with the whole group instead of all splitting up. so we went on a walk to see the sites that related to Shakespeare. Pretty cool!
In this picture of me I am standing on the London Bridge looking out to the Tower Bridge.
here are a few pictures of other things we saw...



Yeah...there was totally a pirate boat! AND it had pirates in it!







let see... what else.....






There are SO MANY beautiful churches and buildings here! This is a church that we walked by today




OH! I almost forgot! This is something else that I saw on our walk today....the dreaded mullet!



HA!!! do you see it?!?! Do you get it?!?! "Dreaded!" ....LOL (okay maybe I am an awful person - but I thought it was funny!)


We all split up and went to Burough Market...wow! tons of people lots of hustle and bustle and different food vendors. I loved going around and tasting the different cheese's and candies and seeing all of the yummy pastries!

We met back up with the group at The Globe Theatre to see a production of Romeo and Juliet. We were standing in the courtyard at the front of the stage. Just like in olden times! Poor college students = low class (who are the people who would traditionally stand at shows) I'll tell you it's very tiring to walk around for so long them stand through a 3+ hour production - but nevertheless it was really good.

After the show there was a group of us that decided we would go home and grab a bite to eat- and then go to another show. Well we were thinking that it would take us 20 min max to get home...ha 40ish min later we decided to just head over to the theatre to get our tickets, cause we wern't going to make it. Seriously 1/2 of the adventure is in the transportation! lol gotta love the tube and busses!
We went to the theatre and got a great student deal on our tickets for the play "39 Steps". We then went to Pret A Manger for dinner which is a sandwhich shop. K let me tell you something that I have noticed about London - all of the food (okay not all - but a lot!) is pre-made. For example we went to the store and they sold ready made pancakes and waffles, soups and sandwhiches. Things that you would regulary make on your own - cause really they are not hard to make for yourself. pretty interesting. Anyway - "39 Steps" was hilarious! (plus we got to sit down for this show!) I really enjoyed it! it is based off of an old Alfred Hitchcock movie (I am told) but is totally differnet, I can't really say cause I have never seen it. But I was really impressed- it was a cast of 4 people that played many different roles- sometimes switching roles back and forth right on stage by doing things such as changing their hats, or putting on a overcoat and changing their voices, etc. HA! it was great! I loved it!
And now I am home...did some homework and now I am downloading pictures and writing a blog- man my life is good!

oh...i just also wanted to share this one last thing...

...so remember that! =)

1 comment:

  1. My sister, Hilary, was really good friends with Brandt Hill in High School. Small world!

    ReplyDelete