Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Stuff....

Church yesterday was great! Aside from the fact that it is a very LONG ride there and an even longer ride home. 1 hour bus ride, change to the tube, off one train onto the next- blah! pretty much I was starving by the time I got home today. I will tell you this- all my life I have been very very spoiled! Even on my mission, yeah there were some areas that I had to drive for 40-45 minutes to get to the church, but we were in the comfort of our own vehicle. It is a humbling experience. And a learning experience at that. It is a pretty incredible thing to see all of the different kinds of people that I see and come across on the journey to and from the meeting house. So many different ethnicities and cultures, religions and backgrounds. It was Ward Conference today so both the bishop and the Stake President spoke in sacrament meeting. The first thing that the Stake President said was, "Okay, I want everyone to smile! Before I go any further. I am not going to say anything else till I see everyone here smile, I will even take a little smirk."

The Stake President had a lot of really good things to say - It is really easy to tell that he loves the members that he is serving!

This is the group of us girls that attend the Strattford Ward with two of the members...

Me, Paige, Kenny, Steven, Roney, Samantha and Samantha
There was a CES fireside last week- but because of the time difference that there is we ended up watching the re-broadcast of it this week. The talk was given by Elder Bednar and it was an AWESOME fireside! About the addictive nature of Video and computer games and the internet. It was really interesting and a really good talk!



After the fireside a group of us all came together in our flat and read Winters Tale together for class this week. And then Sarah made Peanut butter fudge- yummy!

Today! Monday! (I wrote this blog yesterday - but didn't get to finish it til today - so no I dont really think that today is Monday)

I had class this morning. For my Shakespeare class we are required to memorize lines and our teacher gave us an option- we could perform/recite our lines in front of the class or we could write them out. I opted to perform my lines in front of the class. That was fun and much better (for me) then having to write out all the lines =)

Our teacher let us out of class a little bit early so that we could head over the the V&A Museum (Victoria and Albert Museum) They have an exhibit on Performance Theatre. It was really cool. following are some picutres that I took in that exhibit today...
































HAHA! arn't those costumes great!?
Then we went on a walking tour. (Mckell, Heather, Cat, Me and Symantha) The one we went on today was called London's Secret Village. I love these walking tours cause I get to see and learn some really cool things that I otherwise wouldn't have. Like this garden area in a church courtyard for example- SO BEAUTIFUL!!! WOW!!! I love tht ll over London you can find random little parks and garden areas and church yards that are so lovley!








After the walk we went over to St. Pauls Cathedral and made it there just before Evensong started - so we went right in and participated. It was a pretty cool expierence to se there for that - those little choir boys are So cute! and the soung in the cathedral was pretty neat bacause of the echoing.
This is our group today on the front steps of St. Pauls Cathedral.





Inside the Catherdaral and the cealing is amazing! it is really an incredible building!
AND THEN.....We were starving so.....




Yep! thats right Fish and Chips. Gotta have it! common' now! I'm in London =)

Our Waiter was really funny too- Richard-


I asked him to take a picture for us and this is the one that he took! of himself! lol! He also took this one for us-

4 comments:

  1. Fun! I want you to know I still keep up with you by blog stalking, even if I don't always leave comments. I'm glad you're having a blast and documenting everyone's life still. :) Cute waiter, too. Just make sure you bring one back for me, if you bring yourself a souvenir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're having a lot of fun! Thanks for the updates and all the sweet pictures. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. I think I've said that everytime I've commented on your blogs but it's TRUE! That waiter...mm mm! lol. Not such a big fan of fish but I applaud your authenticity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing so many great, fun, and interesting things there! What an awesome experience!!!

    ReplyDelete