Thursday, May 14, 2009

One Lump or Two?

Today was GREAT! (hold on...I'm in London...EVERYDAY is great!)

We went to the Orangry for lunch today. The Orangry is a fancy restaurant that is right next to Kensington Palace in Hyde Park. (yes fancy means expensive- but its one of those must do one time experiences while in London) In this picture: Me, Cat, Mel, Sarah, and Mckell.
Look at the little orange tree on the table! SO Cute!!! I shared a plate with Cat so it wouldn't cost so much- oh my goodness! This salmon was so good! and the herbal tea was way yummy too! and look! sugar lumps to go into the tea! hehehe!

and desert....
We actually all got different desserts and shared so we could taste lots of different kinds. This is the Victorian Sponge Cake.
After we went for a walk around the Kensington Palace garden....
YEAH! BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Then we walked over to the circle pond in hyde park and took pictures with the huge swans!
So they don't look so big in this picture...but they really are huge!
I took a few pictures of Hyde Park- It is SO GORGEOUS there! I LOVE IT! and I know that I take it for granted that I live right across the street from such a wonderful place. I will take more pictures soon so I can show you more of what I am talking about. I wish we had parks like this in Utah!
I saw this picture perfect setting while I was running this morning in the park and told myself that I had to come back and take a photograph of it. I love how these trees perfectly frame the Royal Albert Monument!
Tonight we went back to the National Theatre and went to an "interview with the director" - a guy interview the director of Time and the Conways - so we went and saw that and got to hear about him and a little bit about the play- sadly most of the people who were there had not yet seen the show - so it was hard for them to talk about it cause they didn't want to give any of the suprises away- which was too bad cause I really wanted to hear the director talk more about thise choices that he had made.
We then went to see "Death and the Kings Horseman" in the big theatre - this is a Nigerian play. I read it years ago for one of my theatre classes- but couldn't remember much about it. It was hard to follow at first- it was kind of like Shakespeare in a nigerian accent. Yeah- pretty difficult to follow. The acting was great though and the dancing and music in it was really cool. This wasn't a "fluffy" play (if that makes sense) but a play with deep meaning and a lot of social and political commentary - one that really makes you think. All of the actors were black (is that the correct terminology?) This was really interesting cause there are some White men in the play- but even the White Men were played by black people and they painted their faces white. It was very interesting!
ALSO - this is pretty cool! I found out (on facebook) that one of my friends is here in London! This is my friend Jeff-I know Jeff from Freshman Year at BYU. We both lived in the Dorms at Deseret Towers and we were in the same ward. So we met up and Jeff and he came to the show with me! so it was fun to see him today- crazy that we were both here in London at the same time! I keep looking around as I walk the streets and such and I keep thinking that I will see or run into someone that I know- lol, or I see someone that I think I know then I say to myself, "silly- that can't be them...they are not here!" so it is fun to see people that I really do know out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment