Sunday, May 3, 2009

Church in London = Home!

Well getting to church was quite the adventure this morning- first of all I slept in...yeah not so much a good idea. I felt bad - we also had to travel for about 1 and 1/2 hours to get there taking this tube there and then that bus here blah blah- its pretty crazy and confusing- but we made it eventually!
We met the bishop and he gave us callings- there are a couple of us who were asked to play the piano and the rest of us are in the primary, which is the classes for the children. The bishop brought us to meet his wife- who is over the primary. She was SO VERY GRATEFUL to have us and kept thanking us for coming and telling us what a blessign it was to have us there.
I will be a primary teacher =) I am teaching the 9 year olds- well I should say 9 year old. I just have one. I met her very briefly today before sacrament meeting started and she is cute it'll be fun.
I was pretty sad that we were going to miss the first hour of church because on top of running late and having to figure out what line to take when there were also a lot of trains and stations that were not running today. Today beign the first Sunday of the Month - it was fast and testimony meeting. I really wanted to be there for that, but figured that we had missed it. To my suprise it turns out that the Stratford Ward meeting schedual is switched (backwards to me) they have Relief Society first then Sunday School then Sacrament Meeting. So I was able to be there to hear the testimonies. Which was great!
The Stratford ward is very diverse - lots of people from different places! this ward is 75-80% first generation members. They are so great! the Spirit was very present there and I felt like I shoudl stand and bear my testimony. When I went to walk up to share my testimony the counselor that was conducting stood and said that we were runing out of time so only the people left on the stand would be able to speak, so I sat down in the front row- but then the bishop waved me up on stage.
I briefly shared my testimony, in it I meantioned that I served in the Rochester New York Mission and how much I missed it and how I felt a little bit like I was back on my mission again beign there and it felt liek home. I told them about how I got to go to the Sacred Grove where Jospeh Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and how wonderful the Spirit feels there. and I told them that the same Spirit was present here and thanked them for having and sharing that.
After the meeting was over there were so many members who came up to me, and welcomed me and thanked me for my testimony, and they were all SO grateful that we were there. One woman just came up to me and said can I have a hug? I said YES! I would love a hug! and she said, "Oh what a blessing it is to have you here! thank you so much!"
There was a college aged boy that came up to me and thanked me for sharing my testimony and then said, "You ARE home!" - it makes me so happy to be here!
Then there was a guy who came up and asked me how long I had been home from my mission cause he knew someone who served in ROchester New York. He then asked if I knew a sister and come to find out...he is Chelsie Pratt's uncle! Pratt was one of my companions on the mission! and I LOVE HER!!! and I love that I am in the ward that she has extended family in! Seriously this world is so small...and its even smaller in the church!
So here is a picture of us, this is Gavin and Analise and their daughter.Hooray! way fun!

5 comments:

  1. Nice journal kristy; you'll be happy you made this!
    Have fun in the Motherland!

    Bryan Tanner
    http://bryantanner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun adventure you get to have! By the way, this is Lindsay Keller, I served in the NYRM a little before your time. I think we know some of the same people. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a small world! Give them a hug from us and tell them that we love them! What a fun summer adventure! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. - The above comment is from Chelsea's Mom! Hey, where did you download this cute background from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete