Friday, May 29, 2009

Misc Fun

This morning we went to the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace. There were A LOT of people there!
it was mostly all behind the gate which had a TON of people standing in front of it- so you cant really see anything that is going on- but it's one of those most-do kind of things here in London. So we did! =) here are the pictures:
us waiting for it to start- we had these rockin seats...then the security people came and kicked us off the wall right before it all started- sad!


the band played some fun/different songs though! like ABBA and show tunes like Hairspray and LeMis.

Mel and I then went over to Borough Market and got some dinner. I had a yummy chicken hamburger. and then we went over to the Tate Modern Museum. This was a fun Museum! I liked it!
Today we also went on a tour of the Globe theater and though an exhibition of the Globe. As part of our tour we also got to go and see where the Rose theater was- which was the 1st theater in London even before the Globe. All that is left of the Rose Theater is some foundation stones and a few artifacts that have been found, but its cool to be here and see it and learn more about the history of the theatre right where it all happened.

at the exhibit there was some cool stuff. There were some cool things in the globe exhibit- costumes and swords, and interactive stuff- my favorite thing was the BIG magnet board that had Shakespearean words on the magnets and we got to write our own poems...mine wasn't finished yet and they were closing and kicked us out so here is my unfinished poem....
any ideas on how to finish it?"

We were really tired form running around all day and so we went to the shop/cafe at the globe and waited. As we were waiting I gave some of my fellow students a little photography lesson. This is one of the pictures from it- I was teaching them about perspective and composition etc... now you tell me which picture is better:
1-OR
2-

yeah not much competition huh?!
anyway...
We got to see Comedy of Errors at the Globe Theater tonight - once again we were standing but this time we stood right in front of the stage so we were able to lean up against it and it was also HiLaRiOuS!!! I very much enjoyed the show tonight!
Yeah this was from the Tate Modern as well I really liked it!

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool (The End). Plus, when are you going to give me photography lessons? I can teach you...something in exchange, let me just think of something I know...
    the poem can end "arouses earth below"...if you want

    ReplyDelete