Thursday, May 7, 2009

a WICKED time in London!

So...let me catch you up

Tuesday May 5th
Our whole group meet up at the London Museum. They were all exhibits of London. What London was before London, Ancient and Roman London, The great fire of London, The black plague of London...and all sorts of things about London.
After the London Museum we went over to St Paul's Cathedral and sat through communion. Well we sat 1/2 the time because in communion there is a lot of stand up sit down, stand again, sit again. This Cathedral is STUNNING!! We were in a bit of a hurry so we only had time to be there for communion - so we didn't have time to look around much so I think that I will be going back there again to see more.
this is the view that I had during communion - so cool!

Then we went and met up with the rest of our group again to go to the Banqueting House. We took a recorded tour around the Banqueting House. -which is a bog building with mainly just one room that was used for dances and parties and all sorts of fun balls and such. It was saved from the Great London Fire cause someone used dynamite to explode the building next door creating a wide enough gap between the Banqueting House and the fire that it wouldn't catch. It was then turned into a church for many years - now it is once again used for parties and dances and concerts and all sorts of fun and fancy things at night - and for tours during the day.
The ceiling is by far the BEST part of the Banqueting House!! it is INCREDIBLE!!!

We then walked down the street and saw BIG BEN!!! and the building where Parliament is held.

We were going to try to go in for a debate or something but it was a long wait- so we plan on going back another time. So we went over to Oxford Circus (mind you whenever I say Circus it doesn't ever mean the kind with 3 rings and acrobatics and elephants and tigers and clowns etc. but usually it means markets, shops, and a Circus of people!) And we went and got TICKETS!!! to see....
This show was AWESOME!!! Ha! well....actually the plot and story were awful- but the spectacle was amazing! and the singing and music were awesome! There were times that I felt more like I was at a rock concert than a musical.

Wednesday May 6th
went to class...
THEN...
Yep that's right! I got to see WICKED!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! it was INCREDIBLE!!! I have waited a long time to see this show and it was AMAZING!!! WOW!!! The costuming was beautiful, the lighting was great the singing and acting was spectacular! and I sat there thinking- MAN! I wish that my family could see this too! it was so great! I was SO impressed! By FAR my favorite show that I have seen.
My favorite quotes from wicked:
"I am genuinely self absorbed and deeply shallow" -Fiyero
"This must be how other people feel" -Glenda (when she doesn't get what she wants)
"Toss Toss" -Glenda
and my favorite...
"I don't even think hes perfect anymore and I still want him." -Glenda
(oh yes! we all know how THAT feels!)

After the show I came home and wrote a paper and did my laundry - so that was good to get out of the way!
Today... I slept in- ha! and wrote my blog. So I am glad that I have caught up and I am sure that I will do some exciting and fun things that I can share with you later. At least we better! cause its a special day! =)

2 comments:

  1. Kristy, I am constantly the color of Elphaba when I read all about your fabulous excursions in London. Now, you must do one thing for me. Go see Les Miserables. I've been literally dying to see that on stage and I feel as though if you do it, I can live vicariously through you! Again, I'm so happy that you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thank you my dear! I actually plan on seeing it! and I will tell you all about it! love ya! ps- start saving up your money now so you can come on this study abroad in your future years at BYU!!! its so worth it!!

    ReplyDelete