Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Luck-o-the-Irish!

As I said in my last post- I woke up late so it was a pretty frantic morning getting to the airport to go to Ireland.  Then once we were here it rained like crazy! we were all soaked!  We caught a bus from the airport into Dublin and walked a round a bit till we found some food then went over to the Dublin castle.  We found this pretty yard area with a maze sort of thing on the ground so of course we had to take some fun pictures while we ran around in the rain. 

yep...LOTS of rain! 
Right next to the Dublin Castle we found the Sir Albert Chester Beatty Library and walked around there for a while- this man is incredible! And this library is all from his personal collection. It was really cool! 
We then made our way over to our Hostile Jacobs Inn and got checked into our room. There were 15 of us all together that came to Ireland from our study abroad group 

so the girl who worked there spent some time juggling things around and was able to get 8 of us in our own room and 4 in another. it worked out very well! the Hostile was clean and safe and this is a picture of Anna, Mel, Ronie, and me right after we first got into our room.
Then we all went to a pub- that night- 
this is us in front of the pub we went to Oliver St John McGeogerys

while in Ireland we wanted to take in some good-ol Irish culture.  So....we dont drink- but we can still go to a pub and enjoy the awesome Fish and chips...which were SO yummy! the best I have ever had! 
AND the awesome Irish music! 

...oh something that everyone makes fun of me for in my group is that I am really friendly and I loke to talk to people and make friends fast- this is my friend from the pub- his name is Nowell 

Hooray for making Irish friends...one thing that I found while in Ireland is that the Irish are much more friendly than the British.  More willing to help and talk and be open.  I really like the Irish! After the pub we stopped by the store and went home- I'd like to say I slept well...I wish I could have but our neighbors were up making lots of noise till pretty early hours in the morning- but thats okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment