Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hooray for the Sabbath!

I LOVE the Stratford ward that I attend! Today I taught Primary to all of the Junior Primary kids. There were no other teachers so I just took them all. It was fun! we talked about being one and standing together and being unified. I had 9 little ones in my class good times.
I have to tell you about cute little Sydney. he is a sweet sweet little black boy that was in my class today. I think that he is probably 5 or 6 years old. so in the middle of sharing time he raises his hand and in his cute little British accent he says, "Jesus is our brother and our Savior and He loves us and he loves us everyday even when we are bad - but he gives us another chance." He then turned to me and quietly said, "that just came to my head, it just came to my head."
It was just about the sweetest thing I had ever heard! I was so impressed! It is amazing to see how close little children are to the Spirit!
I am grateful that Heavenly Father gave me the opportunity to be here and learn from these children!
After church I went for a walk with Melanie and Ryan in Hyde Park for a few hours. The weather was perfect! here are a few pictures....

We fed the swansWalked by the Princess Diana Memorial Garden and Fountains
oh- cool fact about Hyde Park/Kensington Park (they are connected) this is where the fairy tale Peter Pan was inspired and written! No joke! cool huh!?! I think so! so there is a Peter Pan statue! and there is us with it! And there is also a whole Peter Pan playground in the Park - with pirate ship and all. I have not yet been there cause you have to have children with you to enter in as an adult. So I think I will go by just to see it sometime but wont be able to play.
Another cool thing is this...do you know what that is!? well it is a special tent theater that they are building inside the park because in June they are showing Peter Pan - the play! and we are going to go and see it! =) I am really excited about it! I will let you know about it after I see it- but this is where it will be.
Melanie and I also made Crepes tonight- Yummy Yummy crepes!!!
This photo was taken right outside of my flat Sunday late afternoon.

1 comment: