Friday, May 22, 2009

rain rain went away so we could play in the castle today

Well today we planned to go...um...somewhere cool. But some people didn't wake up on time so we missed the bus- so we decided to go a couple of hours later - so we walked through the rain (yes once again it was raining here in Ireland) and found the place where we would need to catch the bus. I was having a hard time finding this travel information place. I asked someone where it was and he pointed me here...
I thought...huh?
then I went inside this beautiful looking church and it looked like this inside:

yep- this church has been converted to a tourist shop...different eh?
anyway- turns out that the bus was full- so we told the woman who worked there of another place that we were thinking of going and she said- oh no- don't go there! Go to Trim.
So we walked over to the bus station. On our way we walked through Trinity College which was really cool.

We also saw

We got tickets and hoped onto the bus and drove about an hour or so into the Ireland country. SO BEAUTIFUL!!! We were REALLY happy and excited when we arrived in Trim!! cause this is what we saw...YEAH!! seriously! CASTLE!!! So Amazing!!! I really loved it here and another great thing is it had been raining all morning- but right when we got to Trim the sun broke through the cloud and it was sunny and blue skys and absolutly perfect weather! WOW!! I got some GREAT pictures!!!
After taking lots of pictures around and in the courtyard of the castle we had to run back and catch the bus back into Dublin. When we got back there were a lot of people who wanted to rest and take naps- I guess I figure that yes I may be tired but I can sleep when I get home- ha! for now I want to be in Ireland not just hanging out in the Hostel - so Shannon and I walked around for a while, went to a music store- and ended up talking to the owner Paddy for almost an hour. I like Irish people! they are so friendly! So we met back up with some other girls and wandered around the streets of Dublin for a while. Sometime when you are with a group its really hard to decided what to do in order to please everyone.

but we got this way cool picture of us all during our wanderings =)So we went to McDonalds- haha! and got ice-cream. We went back to the pub that we had gone to previously but tonight they were only letting you in if you were over 21. Well I am definately over 21 and Shannon is 21- but the rest of the girls were not. So they decided that they were just going to go home. Shannon and I went in for a while to enjoy some Irish music during our last night in Ireland.glad I did cause the music was great! And...
I got to play the Bodhran (which is the Irish drum) with the band! It was awesome! the player was passing around his drum to some people- but then he actually pulled me up into his seat and showed me how to play and I got to play with the band, it was really fun!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous! Abandoned castles have such a surreal feeling about them! And your pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete