Friday, May 15, 2009

Today was INCREDIBLE!!!


Sometimes I look at my life and think that I must be in a dream...am I going to wake up soon? somebody pinch me.

Today there was a group of us that hopped onto a bus that took us to Bath. Yep the Famous city of Bath! It was Beautiful there! It was really nice to get out into the country a bit- after being in the hustle and bustle of the city for a while I really appreciate the beauty and space and openness of the country areas I saw today. There were lots of fields covered in pretty yellow flowers like this....
the tour guide told us they were flowers used for Canola oil. huh- pretty cool.

We went to the Ancient Roman Baths Man! There was a LOT to see there! Here are a few of my pictures...



it was really neat to learn about the Roman Baths and be able to be there and see it all.
oh! and I drank from the waters! 
HA! yep! thats right they sell glasses of The Bath water for 50 pence a glass. I shared one with Mckell- the water was pretty nasty! sulfer-ish tasting. blah!
so supposidly now I should be healthier and live longer and stuff.

We had just a little bit of time to walk around and see the city - I really like this picture that I got

My friend and I found this pathway around a river and took a walk and I shot a bunch of photographs.

 My friend and I found this pathway around a river and took a walk and I shot a bunch of photographs. We stopped in a little shop and bought a pastry for the road and met back up with the bus. I wish we could have had more time in that beautiful city but we needed to get driving to....

STONEHENGE!!!!
Really?....YES REALLY!!!! Am I still awake? I went to Stone Henge today! I don't know if I ever really thought that I would go there...but I totally did! and we had a great time! and pictures to prove it!

haha!

who knew that a pile of ancient rocks could be so entertaining to take pictures with? =)

We got back on the bus and it took us home- we arived back at our flat around 6:30 ish. I went to use my computer...oh boy My computer...there is a story- When I got here I discovered that my charger cord was broken. So I ordered a new one on ebay- after a week of borrowing other people's computers to do my homework and email and such the new charger came in the mail...it worked for a total of 3 days. Once again I am without a computer blah! I dont like this game! Its frustrating! So I called my dad crying...cause dad know how to fix everything (even over seas). My favortie part of that conversation with my dad was right before we hung up I said, (in between my sobs) and guess what I did today dad? *sniff sniff* I went to bath and stonehenge *sniff sniff* he was really excited- and I was....still crying- I know sad story right? HAHA- I think that it is funny now that I look back on it. Cause it was really exciting news that I wanted to share - I just happend to be crying at the time. lol
At that point I really should have just gone to bed...I went to a show with Mckell and Sarah. It was a pretty good show- it was kind of like a variety show with different acts, a contortionist and a girl who rollerskated, tap-denced (with the roller skates on) and sang and played the ukulele all at the same time, a girl who did a hoola-hoop act, a boy who swang from a ring in the cealing and did all kinds of cool tricks, and two body builder guys who were really really strong and did Circus Solee kind of tricks at one point one of them was standign on top of the others head- they had incredible ballance! it was pretty neat.

1 comment:

  1. I miss Bath! It's one of my favourite cities ever! So pretty. I lived there 6 months. I don't know why you wasted your time on stonehenge though. A bunch of rocks a couple of hours from...anywhere significant. ;)

    ReplyDelete