Saturday, June 13, 2009

Blois France

So I love the Liebard family- and I would like to introduce you my two favorite little frenchmen:
this is Victor
and Agustin
they are Julies little brothers and they are hilarious! I will tell you more about them later and show you pictures of the whole family later.
Today I had a French breakfast with the Liebard family. French breakfast includes - really yummy hot chocolate, home made bread, croissants, and different kinds of home made jam. we ate outside on their back deck - it was beautiful weather! It was really interesting to me too- we didn't use plates. everyone would grab a piece of bread and butter it and put it right on the table cloth. It was kind of cool- the table cloth was a nice one but it could easily be wiped off and cleaned so why dirty a bunch of plates when you can just use the table cloth.
They would read the Book of Mormon together as a family during breakfast every morning. I would follow along in my English Book of Mormon as they read in French.
I really liked this! it was a really neat expierence to be part of their family routine.
After breakfast Julie and I went for a walk so she could show me Blois. here are some things that we saw:
-lots of cool buildings and beautiful gardens

the castle in Blios
we walked around the open market
and we took a walk along the river-
we saw a couple of cool cathedrals -
one of which had some really interesting art work in it - I didn't really care for this artists dipiction of the savior and alot of the paints I wasn't too keen on but I did like this one.
do you know what it is of? -it is when Satan was tempting Jesus.
We went back to Julies house and her mom and dad were making home made jam together. they were cooking together! i love it! it was so cute! I hope that I can find myself a husband that will cook with me! We helped Julies dad take the stems off of a bunch of strawberries.
Then family got together again for lunch - we had a yummy salad for lunch with fruit for dessert and they also pulled out a bunch of french cheese for me to try- it was all very good!
after lunch I played some games with Victor and Julie - we played Sorry and a game called Jungle Speed- it was fun.
Julie has her exams coming up this next week so she needed to study for a while - so Felice took Victor and I, and we went to go and see a castle.


it was really cool! we had ourselves a good time! there were lots of cool things indies the castle too- including a double circular staircase that is wrapped around eachother- are you following me here? so you can have 2 people go up each and they never cross paths- they are two seperate staircases but are wrapped around eachother - it was really cool! (and if i remember correctly was a design by Lenardo Devinchi) the picture just doesn't do it justice- but there it is
the archetecture of this castle was really cool!
there were also other cool and some strange things- like these costumes from a French theatre productionWhen we were done at the castle we went back home and had dinner with the family. I really liked the fact that they ate all of their meals together. Julies dad explained to me that in France meals are very family oriented and they always have their meals together. pretty cool. after dinner Julie and I watched a movie and then we went to bed. it was a fun day in Blois.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That really sounds so amazing! Did you get any recipes??? The pictures are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...dinner group. We should find a Frenchman to be in ours. One that cooks, of course (not to eat). :)

    ReplyDelete