Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I Believe in Faries!

Today we had our Theatre Final – I think that I did really well on it! After the final I came home and was able to get some things done and prepare for my Shakespeare final tomorrow – which I am more worried about that final than today’s.
Because the exchange rate has been so good this year they added 2 extra shows to our program that we wern't going to be able to see originally. We saw Much Ado About Nothing- which I think I talked about in an earlier post- and today we went to see Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens.
This was SO cool!
Kensignton Gardens is where Peter Pan was inspired and written. So to have it performed there is really neat!
here are some pictures:






of course we are not allowed to take pictures during the performance - but I took one of the stage before the show started to show you what the tent looked like from the inside. the white space all along the top there was scenery projected - it was REALLY a cool effect! my favorite was when they were flying - the way that the projections were done really made it look like they were flying over London - and I could recognize a lot of the sites and things that they were flying over- it was really a spectacular sight!


This performance of Peter pan was the play- not the musical - it was done very well! I really enjoyed it! I also liked the fact that Peter was played by a boy (a lot of times that part is played by a girl)
some of my favorite parts:
- the flying was GREAT! and really fun
- I loved the part about believing in faries! You know the story right? Tink is about to die because she just drank the poison to save Peter. Usually it is done that you have to clap your hands - to bring her back to life and Peter turns to the audience and asks them if they believe in faries and if they do to clap their hands to show it. In this performance instead of clapping hands it was to whisper "I believe in Faries, I believe in Faries" and of course there were lots of little school children there! so it was really cool to hear the whole audience all joining in to say we all believe in Faries! and then Tink and Peter started running in a circle around the stage and all of a sudden took off flying in the air- it was pretty sweet!
-Probably my most favorite part- in the story Wendy asks Peter if she can give him a kiss- he doesn't know what that means and holds out his hand and she gives him a thimble (you all know this) so towards the end of the play Wendy asks Peter if she can give him a thimble and they kiss. Then from the audience one of the little kids yeslls out, "EEWWW!" LOL it was hilarious! the perfect reaction from a little kid! I loved it! haha
This was a Really fun performance! I am gald that we got to go!

I met George at the Church at about 6:00, and then we headed over to a fringe theatre show. There was a small group of people from my program that went to see this show tonight.
After the show we had to catch a bus because there are problems right now with the tube- the problem being a workers strike! Yeah imagine a huge city like London and having the main source of transportation cut off- how do people get to work and etc? sheesh! So it started tonight and is suppose to go for 2 days- gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment