Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Beauty of Skye

The Isle of Sky is ABSOLUTELY beautiful!! Ewin our bus driver tells us fun and amazing stories constantly- I wish I could share them all with you – but it’s a running commentary that is constantly going and I don’t have a way of recording it…but I do have pictures!!! Hahah! Of course I have pictures….I will show you some things that we have seen and done on day 2 of our backpackers trip through the Highlands of Scotland….
Like I said before – there is a great story that goes along with this…but I don’t remember all the details- but what the moral of the story ended with this river- and if you wash your face in the river by holding your face in the stream for 10 seconds then you are blessed with beauty and attractiveness.
So of course…had to stick my face in! =)

We were also told to go ahead and drink the water- it is really pure and good!

Another stop in a little town – this town has a really nice view out to the water and lots of little sail boats. there was also a cool boutique where I got a cloth bag and also a GREAT pastry shop! Oh MAN!!! YUMMY!!!! And the food there was really inexpensive!



this is a picture of me in front of the “man of...something" Waterfall- haha I don't remember the name, but it was beautiful there!

I went up to my friend Kierian and he was looking at the ground and bouncing up and down – I went up to him and said, “what are you doin there friend?” he said, “Bouncy soil!....its bouncy! We don’t have soil like this at home.” LOL oh so funny! Kierian is from Australia and he was amazed at how much water there was in the soil, granted we were right next to a waterfall, but I loved how entertained he was by bouncing on the “bouncy soil”.
We then went to Kilt Rock – it’s called that because the cliffs look like the pleats of a kilt.
This is a picture of my friends- Andy, Sean, me and Kieran. Andy is from the States but has been living in Edinburgh for a year going to school, Sean is from Canada and Kieran is from Australia.

Ewin then took the time to explain more about kilts to us and reasons behind them- he demonstrated how his Scottish ancestors would make their kilts / fold their kilts out of a long/big piece of fabric.
He also picked the quite one in the group to dress him in the kilt to demonstrate- Ewin was really a funny and entertaining guy! It was really neat, and very educational.

We got to see a LOT of very beautiful sights!!!
This was at the top of an Amazing look out point!
Incredible rolling hills and green mountains...

Then we went to some castle runes that was built right along the coast on a hill above the water.

of course- once again there were some fantastic stories to go along with this...I just cant remember the details.

we got to explore a bit - the tides were lower so we were down on the rocks playing around and looking at the little sea creatures
I was jumping around down on the rocks near the water...and I slipped...oops!
I scraped up my leg a bit- it was pretty sore, but I was fine.
Oh! and there were also cute little sheep!
Then we went to one of my favorite places!!! This is called the land of the fairies...

Our whole tour group -
me and the bus driver/tour guide Ewin-

We had time to hike around a bit, and take pictures, and take time to enjoy the beatuy and serenity, and spirit of the area. I don't know how someone can see these georgeous places and not believe in God. With all that He has made for us. This is one of those places that I just sat alone for a bit and could feel closer to God. His love for me was very present! I was so happy to be there!
this was my favorite! I was the first in our group to hike up to the top- and just sit and enjoy the magnificence of it all!

Ewin told us that this place is where pagan rituals of sorts and etc were/are performed- so there were some cool circles and such made on the grounds.


Even the hills themselves were really cool and had a very interesting natural circular motion in them.

It was quite a magical place to be!!!
Ewin suggested that we all had a barbecue together for dinner- turned out to be a GREAT idea!!!
So GOOD!!! The lighting we pretty cool so we took some pictures
Sean...
Keiren...
This is the hostle that we were staying in called Saucy MarysAfter we ate most people headed to the bar so they could start drinking. I decided to take a walk.
I got some gorgeous photos!

the sunset was Beautiful!!!

There was even a bridge and a lighthouse...
Sadly my camera battery ran out of power...but I am glad I got the pictures that I did. I really enjoyed walking around and enjoyed the sunset, even though I was by myself. I wished that george was there to share it with me. I sent him a text message and he actually called me! i was so excited to get to talk to him for a little while!
I was starting to get eaten alive by the little bugs, so I decided to head inside with all the drunkards. haha! oh man! a plus though- There WAS live music being played!!

the band was Great!! lots of fun! we danced and laughed and had a good time!
This is what I call a good time! good live music and real dancing!

wow Such an AMAZING day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment