Sunday, June 21, 2009

I love my dad!

With today being the 21st of June 2009 that makes today very special – Fathers Day!
So today I dedicate this blog to my dad-
21 reasons why I love my dad-
1- He reads my mind. Serioulsy he does! Even from across the country he can- let me give you an example: when I was on my mission I thought to myself one day, “I wish I had a little key chain flashlight, that would be handy- I will have to go and buy one.” A few days later I got a package from my dad that included a key chain flashlight!
2- He gives good advice – my dad knows just what to say I like to go to him for advice cause somehow he just knows best.
3- He lets me make my own choices and decisions- even though he will give me advice he wont tell me what to do he lets me have my freedom. This has really taught me a lot about responsibility and consequences.
4- He is a good listener. Sometimes I just need to vent or tell someone something and I can go to my dad just as a listener and he will sit and listen and nod his head and not fix it or give advice cause all I need at the time is someone to listen
5- He takes care of me
6- He is a good example
7- He holds the priesthood
8- He serves
9- He gardens and grows the best tomatoes that I have ever had!-yummy!
10- He is encouraging
11- He is a good teacher
12- He taught me how to take care of my hair (lol funny huh? But I have fond memories of my dad brushing and blow-drying my hair when I was little, teaching me how to condition it and make it nice and soft, etc. and yes he knows these things from personal experience!)
13- He can fix it. Whatever it is I can go to him and he makes it better
14- If he cant fix it he is still there for me and helps to make things better- even though it cant be fixed
15- He knows computer stuff that I cant figure out and gets frustrated with
16- He makes me smile
17- He loves music
18- He loves efy
19- He is a hard worker and taught me how to be a hard worker.
20- He is fun- everyone loves my dad- just talk to the students that work with him- he is silly and makes faces and makes cool multimedia videos (check out my mission one! It is AWESOME) and he is fun to be around.
21- He taught me the gospel – this is the most precious thing in my life and I am so VERY grateful to have parents who taught me to live the standards which I hold so near and dear to my heart. I am grateful that my dad listens to the Spirit and that he chose a life in the gospel when he joined the church and that he has taught me in the ways of Jesus Christ.
Thank you dad! I Love You! Happy Fathers Day!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. Thanks Dad for so much. I especially enjoy the dating advice that's passed on from you....lol!

    ReplyDelete