Thursday, June 18, 2009

You must be joking!

One reason I am excited to leave paris: it is close to impossible to find an internet connection! Sheesh! It is REALLY frustrating! My hostle doesn’t have it and I came to an internet café and its not even working here! HA! Oh what a funny life I lead.

Anyway Let me tell you about today-

Slept in (although I find it really hard to sleep in here – it gets light really early (and it stays light really late for that matter) anyway my friends and I left around 11 and we went around to different bakeries and stores getting bread from here and cheese from there

and brought a picnic to the park with us.

Well kind of a park it is the grounds outside of the Lourve and its really beautiful there. So we brought our lunch with us. It turned out to be a great lunch! I brought the fruit that I had brought the night before. And I discovered that I REALLY like my mangoes not so ripe as I usually eat them. They were really good and we made out own sandwiches out of fresh baguettes, French cheese, avocado, tomatoes, and meat- dang! They were good! And we had peaches and mangoes – oh and we had also all got an éclair too so we had that for dessert. WOW it was a GOOD picnic! And a lot of fun – I am STILL so FULL!

We have been having Michelle do random yoga poses all over Paris as well...We got some pretty good ones today!

I especially like this one of her doing the Warrior pose in front of the golden statue of Joan of Arch

I had a friend suggested to me a place to go and get hot chocolate here in Paris. At a place called Angelina’s – so we went today.

OH MAN!!! That hot chocolate was INCREDIBLE!!! I am so glad that my friend suggested it to me! YUMMY!!! It was really thick and dark and there was whipped topping to put on top- SO GOOD!!!

I am so glad that we went!

After we walked around in some touristy kind of shops and then some other shops. Then we decided to split up cause we had some different things that we wanted to go and do and see. I wanted to go to the Rodin Museum which I heard good things about from Suzy and she didn’t lead me astray with all of her other suggestions so I wanted to go and see it too! So I went on the Metro over to that area. When I got above ground from the metro I was heading in the direction that I thought the museum was in and I passed this guy who looks at me and says “bonjore” I cant remember if I ignored him or just kept walking past- anyway I was headed in the wrong direction so I had to pass by him again and this time when I did he started following me and then started talking to me. In French of course – I told him I don’t speak French and he asked where I was from. I told him America. He was very nice and I showed him my map and pointed to where I was going, he pointed and walked with me in that direction all the while trying to carry on a conversation with me. I think that I mostly just stared at him blankly and smiled and shrugged cause I really had no idea what he was saying.

I will tell you this much though: MAN the French are persistent! Although I don’t really think he was from France I think he said that he was from somewhere else I think…but I really couldn’t communicate with him at all cause he knew about as much English as I know French. HAHA! He tried really hard to get me to hold his hand and kiss him and even go home with him! HA! No way! LOL No freaking way. He was a little smooth talker too (Ha mostly in French, which I couldn’t understand AT ALL) but he told me – "you are beautiful" and he told me “I love you” LOL there is a BIG difference between love and lust! I know the difference and I didn’t feel either of them towards my new French friend. I told him “no we can only be friends” its really a shame we couldn’t understand each other. haha
I was trying to tell him that I have a boyfriend. I even showed him a picture of me and George. He didn’t seem to care at all and kept trying to kiss me and said “please” I told him no! I rejected him hardcore! Lol I felt bad- but not bad enough to kiss him, or go anywhere with him. Although he did follow me to the Rodin Museum and walked around the Museum with me, haha!
It was a VERY beautiful museum with a lot of cool art and statues and the gardens were BEAUTIFUL- too bad I didn’t have George with me cause I would have loved to walk around there with him- instead I was with this French guy who was trying to hit on me as I was taking pictures of the statues and pictures and gardens LOL.


Am I more beautiful in Eurpoe? Because boys back at home don’t like me lol! But these European men- sheesh! LOL I was a little creeped out especially because I knew that he wanted to take me home with him. and I was thinking, no I am not going to kiss you, no I will not go anywhere with you, I will not go home with you and I am not going to have sex with you! HA! That is funny! If he only knew – he picked the WRONG girl, even if I didn’t have a boyfriend there is no way.
Well I would have liked to spend some alone time in the gardens at the museum but I was a little anxious to get out of there and away from my French friend. So I said goodbye and despite his pleading for just one kiss I gave him a hug and went on my way on the metro which was packed by the way! But I am alone again and safe and have sat myself down in a nice public place and now I have my fake engagement ring on my figure.
HAHA- yes I have a fake engagement ring. I actually learned this little tip from my little sister. All girls should keep a fake engagement ring with them. Mine is from Wal-mart and only cost me 10 dollars but it looks real! I keep mine in my purse so if I need I can slip it on and guys will leave you alone mostly if they see it. Too bad I didn’t have it on earlier – I hadn’t thought about it till it was too late but I have it on now- we shall see if it works.

(oh good the waiter said that maybe he can get me a password in 15 minutes! Oh yay! I hope so!!! I want the internet to work!)

Oh my gosh! I just saw the craziest thing! This guy walks up to his scooter with his dog, and unlocks it jumps on and starts it then the dog jumped on and stood where the guys feet would go and the rode off together. HA! I wish I had my camera out so I could have captured that moment but it happened so fast! Kinda cool! That is a well trained puppy! I am actually pretty dang impressed with a lot of dogs in Europe! They are so well trained! For example in London all the time I would see someone walk up to a store with their dog as they walk into the store they drop the leash on the ground and the dog sits and waits for their owner to come back out, when they come back out they pick the leash up again and they continue on their way. No tying them up, no running away, it is pretty impressive!

Oh I feel sick! I don’t think that my stomach likes carbonation and I just had a sprite. Ha- I know you wanted to know that!

Well I bought myself a crepe (with Nutella of course- that’s the best way to have them!) and brought it to Notre Dame with me. I sat outside of the cathedral and enjoyed the beautiful weather. It was kind of cloudy so I wasn’t getting quite the effect of the sunset lighting up the church- but every once in a while the light would break through and it was very pretty!

I was only sitting there for a minute when a guy came and sat down next to me and started talking to me I was nice to him and answered his questions and talked a bit but I wasn’t engaging in conversation and he got the hint that I wasn’t interested, it happened again, and again, and again sheesh! The last time I was even reading a book! HA! Some guy still started talking to me and I wasn’t giving him the time of day – he still wouldn’t leave me alone, so after a while I excused myself from that conversation and left. I walked down the street and along some tourism shops. I discovered quite a busy bustling street that I walked down for a little while.

I figured that maybe if I was moving around a bit then men would leave me alone. Wrong again. Oh well I had enough of the guys and the tourism and etc and decided it was time to come home – so here I am writing my blog- its pretty late anyway. On my way home I was thinking about how very different the culture is here than at home. It is very interesting to see and even be in the middle of it. Its been quite the experience to be here in Paris.

HA! I just met our new roommate! Her name is Jen she is from India but is a student in France and is in Paris for a conference- she speaks English very well. And she told me that she loves American accents lol! That’s funny to me! Anyway -we just had a really funny conversation. We were talking about the difference in American guys and French and this is what she said, “The French are very gentle by nature and are very nice and if you say no- they leave you alone. Indian guys are different they follow you! Indian guy if he like you its over! “ haha! I found this very funny!






No comments:

Post a Comment