Monday, June 29, 2009

Lost in London

Okay...so I wasn't really lost in London today but it was an adventure day that I could take my time and get a little "lost" (still knowing where I was of course. It actually worked out well that I stayed in London – I was able to be in London all day today and go to and see some things that I hadn’t had the chance to do yet. I went with George to the BYU London center (which is where he works for his day job) and got to see that. It is a really nice building! Pretty fancy- yet I am glad that we stayed in flats instead…it was more of a genuine/real London living experience that way.
So George went to work and I set off to discover more in London. I went to the tower of London. And I bought a painting from a street vendor outside of the tower. This is a picture of my new painting…

I LOVE this painting! It is my definition of what London is to me. Big Ben, Red Telephone Booth, and a boy and girl walking hand and hand under an umbrella. The first day that George and I went for a walk together in Hyde Park, he shared his umbrella with me.
The tower of London was pretty cool.

HAHA!! see the funny part of the sign!? Ahh! British humor! lol

Here are some fun pictures from the Tower of London

My favorite part was, of course, the crown jewels. But there are no pictures allowed in there. so I pulled this picture off of the internet.


Before I went to the Tower of London I went here

this is one of the MANY MANY sandwich shops. I love that the tag line for EAT. is "The real food company" This reminded me of when I was growing up and I would ask my mom for something to eat and she would say, "go drink some water" or "have some vegetables" my response was always, "no I want real food!" HaHa! and look at this here! EAT. knew what it was all about! REAL food! lol love it!!!

After the tower of London I went to The National Portrait Gallery and the National Gallery.

The National Portrait Gallery is HUGE...mostly I am getting to the point where I am almost museum-ed out cause I have seen so many old things in museums...which are WAY cool and I LOVE it! but I quickly made my way through the older stuff and went to the modern section of paintings. There were some stellar paintings! MAN! I was really impressed! some of them looked like photographs! it was REALLY cool!

Wish I had pictures to share but once again no pictures allowed. Same with the National Gallery -

loads of really neat and famous art! but alas no pictures...sorry just know it was really cool!

I found a little internet cafe and got a sandwich for dinner and checked my email, here are some more pictures I took during my wanderings of the streets of London.

I decided to stay in the City and treat myself to seeing one last show in London. This is what I picked...

It was a FUN show! Loved the Music! there were some girls in my study abroad group that had gone to see it and raved about it - so I decided that I should see it too! I needed something fun and upbeat to cheer me up. and get my mind off the fact that George and I were breaking up.

...Well thats an awful note to leave off this post...

I had a lot of fun adventures in London today! after the show I hoped on the bus and then the train back down to Maidstone and Gary picked me up and brought me back to his place. It was a good day



1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristy,
    My wife and I returned from our trip to London a few months ago, and we saw a painting similar to yours. We loved it, but sadly the police came by and the painter left like the wind. Would you by chance know where I could find one similar to yours online?

    Daren

    ReplyDelete