Monday, June 8, 2009

This one's for the girls

(I titled this post that because I realized that this post is totally cheesy and girly and the kind of story that you would tell your girlfriends - but there is a funny story at the end too- so if you dont want the girly relationship stuff skip to the bottom =)

So…I decided that waiting until Wednesday to see George again- yeah not an option. I wanted to see him a lot sooner than that!
I went to class- it was our last class periods of this program (our finals are Tomorrow and Wednesday)
George works for the underground here in London – he works the night shift – it is pretty crappy but its work so it is good- so he told me that he would call me when he wakes up. I had things to do getting ready for my finals and such- So we finally got a hold of each other and He invited me to come to Family Home Evening with him. The singles ward had planned on going to the Globe theatre to see a play – but the tickets were all sold out. So they were trying to think of something else to do. George called me and asked if I could meet him at the St.Pauls tube stop- I said yes and went over there. He was waiting for me. We jumped back on the tube and headed over to the church where there was a lesson given by Heath and then an activity of Chair Soccer. It was pretty fun. In the game everyone has their own chair that they need to protect from the ball. If the soccer ball hits your chair then you have to sit down in your chair – until the person who got you out gets out- does this makes sense? Anyway it was fun!
After a while we decided to go for a walk because George had to go to work soon. We went into Hyde Park and walked around.
As we walked though the park we stopped and saw the sunset. George looked at it and said, "look! its so beautiful! and its free! there for just you and me."
He said that he needed to be at the tube station that was on the other side of the park – so we walked over there. I decided that I could walk him over there and then walk home, that was I could spend more time with him. I dropped him off outside of the tube station. I walked over to the cross walk and was ½ way across the road, on the medium, when I turned and looked back and saw George running towards me. He ran up to me kissed me and said, I just realized that I have 15 more minutes. I said oh really? And he said yeah if you have the time? I said, “Well I think that I can make an acceptation- just for you. Because I think that I like you a little.” He smiled and kissed me again and said, “just a little huh? Like this much…” as he held up his thumb and pointer figure spread about an inch apart. We went back into the park and sat on a bench to talk. Some guys drove up who were closing the park and told us it was dusk and the park was closing. So we walked around a bit and then went into a pavilion to sit and talk and be together for a while before he had to go to work.
When he had to go we said goodbye, George kept asking me if I was sure I would be okay walking home alone, it was starting to get dark and he was worried about me, He said- "this is London" He made me promise him I would call him as soon as I got home. He went through the gate and I started walking through the park to go back to my flat.
I hadn’t gone far when I saw a guy jogging through the park. He was running towards me and said “hello”, I said hi and kept walking he asked how I was and I said “good” and kept walking past him, then I heard him say, “hey” So I turned and he had stopped and motioned me toward him and said, “come here.” I said, “I actually have to go and meet my friends.” And kept walking. He then said something to me that I didn’t understand so I said goodnight, he then repeated what he had said and I heard him this time, he asked, “can I snog you?” lol! Oh man! That totally cracked me up! I just kept on walking and didn’t say anything. So just for your fyi- snog here in the UK is the equivalent of making out. LOL who says that! To a random person in the park!? LOL no way was I going to make out with him. HA! That’s a laugh. I got home without any further encounters, delays, or snogging invitations.

3 comments:

  1. That's the best story I've heard in a long time. If you had been Sarah, there definitely would've been some snogging. ;) Thanks for finally updating your blog with your adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! That's a funny story! I really don't know much about this boy George, but you seem to like him, so I hope he's good enough! Cute pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gross!....I won't specify about which part. :) Mostly, I'm glad you have the innate sense to keep on your way and not be attacked by snogging-seeking men in the park. Love you!

    ReplyDelete