Sunday, June 21, 2009

Scottish Sunday

Here I am in Scotland! Yay! I am pretty excited cause my internet is working after some playing around with it and prayers =) So I was able to look up on mormon.org where the closest church is to the hostle that I am staying in. It was only a 20ish minute walk. So I got up this morning and got ready for church and with my map that I had drawn for myself from the internet last night I made my way to the church. I love the building here!they are all so old and so cool looking!
As I was getting close to church I saw a woman walking. I thought to myself - "she is going to church!" So I crossed the street and said Hello. And asked her where she was going- she said that she was going to church, I said "oh so am I! what church do you go to?" she replied, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." I told her that was the same church I go to and I was looking for the building cause I was a visitor and this was my first Sunday in Scotland. She said, "Well look at that! God works in Mysterious ways doesn't he!" that she should be walking right then and I would run into her.
This is my new Scottish Friends Maryon
She has only been a member of the church for 2 months now. she said that she grew up here in Edinburgh and that she couldn't believe that she had never in her whole life heard of the church until now. She showed me around and introduced me to people and I sat next to her in Sacrament meeting.
This is Elder and Sister Myers - they spoke in church today. It was actually their "farewell" talk cause they only have about a week and 1/2 left on there missions here before they go home to California. I was looking for a place to do my laundry and so I asked the Meyers if they knew a member that lived close by that would be willing to let me use their washer and dryer. the Myers invited me over to their place. Actually they were kind enough to drive me back up to my hostle so I could pick up my laundry and back to their house. On the way over to my place they pointed out to me the pub where JK Rowling was when she started to write Harry Potter!
I did my laundry and we had lunch together - it was really nice of them to have me as their guest for the afternoon.
They dropped me off of at the bus stop to go back to my hostle. I really very much enjoyed the Myers company today and was VERY grateful for their kindness!! It was a big blessing that they had me over and helped me out so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment