Monday, June 22, 2009

Touring the land of the Scott's!

WOW! what a day! this morning I got up and got ready - I singed up for a 3 day bus tour of the highlands of Scotland. This was our bus driver
Ewin
He is a true Scott!
He was a great bus driver and tour guide! told us Lots f great stories and information! plus he was really entertaining! There was 11 of us on the bus all together. He started off by telling us stories and facts about Scotland - one thing that was really cool for me was hearing names of places that are in Shakespeare's Macbeth (the Scottish play) - because last semester I was stage Manager for that production at BYU.
Like the kingdom of Fife- and look....
This is Burnum Wood Forest - where Macbeth meets the witches!
Our first stop was at an old cathedral:
It was beautiful!
The grounds were awesome too! there was a gorgeous river really close as well!
it was a cute little town that we had stopped in I went into a little shop and got a sausage roll for lunch. Next we went to some castle runes.



there were also a couple Hairy Cluse - that's the really hairy cows that they have here in Scotland hangin out by the runes.
kfh
We went to go and see the Lochness Monster I got to be good friends with some of the guys on the trip - this is Sean and I. Sean is from Canada. and this is Kieran and me - he is from Australia.
We saw some really beautiful sights as we made our way up to the highlands of Scotland! and my VERY FAVORITE CASTLE EVER!!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this castle! It is perfect!
This is where they filmed parts of the movie Maid of Honor, and a few other movies that I can't remember. Also apparently there is still an old woman who lives in this castle! I think that is awesome! I wish that I lived here!
This is Kieran trying to look into the window - hahaha - we really wanted to see the inside!
me in a doorway of the castleYep! way cool! this castle is the real deal!

I LOVE Scotland!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love the pictures, they are gorgeous! What are you up to now?

    ReplyDelete