Monday, June 15, 2009

Paris!

This morning I said goodbye to the Liebard family and took a train back up to Paris. It was raining and I was wandering around the streets of Paris trying to find the hostile that I was staying in. I had poor directions to where I was headed and once again I couldn't vry well communicate with anyone. I passes two girls who had their huge backpacker backpacks on, and when I passes them a second time decided to talk to them. I asked if they spoke English? "Yeah we are from Canada!" Oh good! I thought! Friends! that I can talk to! In English! yay! This is another time that Heavenly Father placed people right in my path right when I needed them.
Turns out they were looking for the same hostel as I was - so we were able to find it together. We bacame friends really fast and they were also staying in Paris for the same amount of time as I was so I asked them if I could hang out with them in Paris . We were able to get into the same room at the Hostel too which was nice!
After we checked in we decided to go and wander around a bit and see what we could find.
This is what the 3 of us looked like most of the time...staring at a map of Paris trying to figure out where we were and which way to go- haha
We went to a little cafe and got some lunch, and then we walked. We walked A LOT! and it was still raining too! We found Notre Dame - which is really cool! this is the back side of it. And this is Michelle, Kelsey, and I in front of Notre Dame. - my two Canadian friends and I =)
We also walked by the Lourve

We didn't go in today cause we are planning on going another day early so we can spend a lot of time there. I am told its HUGE!

We also walked by the Arch de Triumph
that is Michelle doing her bridge yoga move in front of it! lol
there were also lots of beautiful grounds that we walked through...
As we walked along there were lots of cool things that we saw....
like this building with plants growing all over it!
Then we decided to go to the Eifle Tower cause we wern't very far... on the way we got some Crepes!
I wasn't so much impressed with the Eifel Tower until I got up close to it. It didn't look so big from far away. Then I was pretty amazed by it when I got up close.For dinner we went to a little Soup Resturant.
The owner was super nice and you could get one big bowl of one kind of soup or three small bowles of 3 different kinds - the soups were really good! and I would have loved to buy one of her recipe books - yet they were in French...and just in case you dont know...once again - I dont speak or understand French.

No comments:

Post a Comment