Friday, June 19, 2009

More Traveling Adventures- to Italy I go!

Last day in Paris-
We packed up our Hostle room this morning. Its a traveling day for me- time to take off for Italy! I wanted to go to other museums and such but I am always nervous about missing flights and such so I decided to just take my time getting to where I needed to be. I went up on the Metro to a part of Paris that I hadn't been yet and just looked around a bit-
I grabbed some crepes for lunch...YUMMY!!!!
this is where I ate-
out on the stairs in front of this big building, with all of the other people - it was a popular little (okay not so little) lunch spot.
I found my way over to the bus stop where I needed to catch a coach to the airport. I went to the airport and actually had quite a lot of time to just sit and wait- but better way early than late - I meet some new friends as I sat and waited though-
they were also flying into Pisa! So I had some people to hang out with while I waited.
As I was sitting there an entire French Deaf Football (Soccer) team came into the airport. They were flying to Florida to go and play. I couldn't really communicate with many of them cause I know American Sign Language (ASL) and they knew French Sign Language (FSL) but there was on on the team who was fluent in ASL as well- so I got to talk with him a bit and that was way cool!

I flew into Pisa - me right off the airplane:with the help of a nice Italian girl was able to figure out which bus to catch so I could go to the train station. (I like it here better already! the people are SO nice! and they don't care that I don't speak Italian!) I got on the next train to Florence and it was about an hour ride til I arrived. Michelle and Kelsey were in Florence before they came to Paris - so they were able to give me directions to the hostle.
It was dark by the time I got into Florence.
It wasn't very far from the train station- so I just walked there. I got to the hostle - it was about midnight - I was pretty tired from traveling all day and was ready to be in my pajamas and check my email. Come to find out I was at the wrong hostel - the same company runs two different hostles in Florence. I had a reservation at the cheaper one and the guy at the front desk told me that it was more expensive here. It sounded like a small ordeal of possibly walking a bit or waiting a longer time than I wanted to to catch a bus over to the other hostle. I said, "do you have a room?...just give it to me." I was done! I am actually REALLY glad that I stayed at this hostle because it turns out that it was the nicest one that I stayed in! After some finicking with the computer and a nice young man who was able to use a hacking sort of method to get the right IP address for my laptop I was able to get a pretty good internet connection - which was really nice! I was able to Skype with my mom and dad and let them know that I was safe and sound in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment