Sunday, June 14, 2009

French Sunday

Today I got to go to church with the Lebaird Family in Blois France. Their Branch is small - they meet in 2 different locations- Sunday School and Relief Society is first in a commons type rooms in an apartment building that they rent out. Then for Sacrament Meeting everyone drives over to a hotel and has the meeting in a bigger room there. Everyone was really nice! I was greeted by all of the members with a kiss on each cheek- traditional French greeting.
I couldn't understand much of church considering I dont speak French. But I would be told now and then what was going on and what they were talking about. So in context I was able to pick up here and there on what was being taught.
Then in Sacrament Meeting there was a young man that gave a talk. The spirit was powerful and touched me as he spoke. I went up to him and with the help of the missionaries told him, "I don't understand French, but I understand the Spirit- and when you spoke today I could really feel the spirit! So thankyou!"
I was grateful for this experience! It was a tender mercy from the Lord to show me that his Spirit is the real teacher - I learned a lot from Church today, even though I couldn't understand the language that was spoken.
After Church we played dress up with Augustan
And we sang and Julie played the piano and Victor played the Flute.

Then we went for a walk along the river- It was really beautiful!
It is the the Lebaird's family tradition every Sunday to have Crepe's for dinner.
I got to help make some too They were really good! I am really grateful that I had the oppertunity to stay with Julie's family while I was in France!

No comments:

Post a Comment